SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New to me motorcycle--New photos added
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me motorcycle--New photos added Login/Join 
Picture of JPD217
posted
Well, crap. Went to our local HD dealer to pick up some parts for my softail and this followed me home.

2008 Electra Glide Police

27,000 miles and I did get a heck of a deal on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JPD217,

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

There is no feeling like being on a motorcycle. None.

Oh, North Dakota. I've ridden on the country roads there south of Bismarck. Great state to ride in, as long as it's summer Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! Now you can push broken down cars out of traffic.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Cool beans for sure!

Congratulations!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Who doesn’t love new motorcycle day! Enjoy!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3694 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Eek

Whoa.

Congrats.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19194 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
They are a blast! Congrats!

Posts: 258 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice bike, good buy. Enjoy the heck out of it! Ride it to Sturgis this summer.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OLD POLICE BIKE!!???!!!

NICE Cool
I'm jealous!

I'm in the market for an old Police Road King as soon as I sell my '72FL.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A beautiful bike! Ride it safely and enjoy it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a Copsicle or Army surplus HD, ever since the days of the tank shifters. Never got one.

Congratulations!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9162 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Nice looking bike, congratulations. Sometimes those parts run to the motorcycle shop can get much more expensive than a guy plans for. Cool

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Really nice! I wish that I was still physically able to ride.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That is super nice. I bet she is a dream cruising down the freeway.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
OLD POLICE BIKE!!???!!!

NICE Cool
I'm jealous!

I'm in the market for an old Police Road King as soon as I sell my '72FL.

Yeah, I tried to keep blinders on as I walked past all the bikes in the showroom, never made it past this one. Kinda brings back some memories. Early 2000’s my department had a Road King, I was one of 3 officers certified to ride it.

Now I go down the rabbit hole of mods to make it mine. Don’t think I’ll get too crazy, seat, tour pack, those sorts of things.

Thanks for the comments!

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Went down a little rabbit hole myself, looking at ND weather cameras.

I'm going out on a limb to guess that you aren't riding this week? SUPER nice bike, btw.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice bike! Congratulations. V twins are so much fun. Smile

We experienced an unusually long riding season in my neck of the woods. I got in a few rides in a t-shirt at the end of December. The season ended on a high note with a chance to sample my neighbors V4 Honda Interceptor. My neighbor sampled my 90° V twin SV1000. At the end of the ride he got off the bike and said something along the lines of “it’s so damn torquey! I wasn’t expecting all that torque!”. Big Grin

I once made the mistake of selling my only V twin motorcycle. That mistake has been corrected and will never be repeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your purchase! Looks to be in excellent shape.

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Always liked those.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post