SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Refrigerator Brands, Moderately Priced
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Refrigerator Brands, Moderately Priced Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Shoot me a note to the email address in my profile, and I can help you out on Whirlpool, Amana, Maytag and KitchenAid options. Good luck with your choice.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I got a GE fridge and a dishwasher in 1980.

Both are still going strong.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Best Refrigerator Brands, Moderately Priced "

There are none.

I wish Toyota or Honda would start manufacturing refrigerators.....

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not too happy about hearing about so many dislikes toward Samsung products. Just replaced all appliances with Samsung back in April. So far no issues. (Fridge, very quiet dishwasher, microwave) Used to manage vacation condos; all brands have issues sooner than later. It’s the warranty and compan’s integrity that matters, too.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everybody. I really appreciate the feedback.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Avoid LG

I agree the LG I had was nothing but problems.

I currently have a whirlpool residential in my motorhome. Installed it last spring, I have just had the plugged duckbill grommet issue. This is where the grommet plugs and the the water from the defrost cycle overflows to the bottom of the freezer. I have a French door model. This is a known issue on many refrigerators and for my model there is no current fix. Just clean out the duckbill grommet every six months as told by the service tech.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Our LG has been a disappointment as well. Won’t be doing this again. Replaced the computer after 2 years and now the ice cream in the freezer is melting.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

When you step up to the brands like Sub Zero or True is when you see a difference.

Yep all the big brands are junk for the most part. It's an appliance lottery where you might get lucky and get one that performs well. It's pretty much a race to the bottom to see how cheap they can make it and keep it running just long enough to escape the warranty. I have just come to the conclusion that I will be my own appliance repair man Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I have 5 rental units and manage 2 other houses. Whirlpool and Maytag by far are the least problematic, with Frigidaire right behind them (for refrigerators only). GE is the biggest garbage of any appliance company.

My feeling exactly.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
We built a new house 9 years ago. Mixed brands of appliances because it was what my wife wanted. The Samsung refer has trouble. Couldn't even get anyone to come look at it. Finally a fly by night guy stopped by at about 10:00 one night. Fixed the noise problem with the ice maker by unplugging the computer that malfunctioned. Charged us big time, but its quiet because the part is unplugged. Wish I could have done it myself. The guy charged us for the new part but never brought it. I'm conflicted - I think I'd rather have it quiet than risk having it make noise again. I expected better from the brand I hear so much about. I'll never buy Korean again. The above advice to run from Samsung was sound. Its not a brand I'll ever consider again.

Son bought a new Frididare a while back. It only lived through the warranty. He tried calling everyone trying to get some kind of adjustment or help. $2300 is a lot to pay for just over a years service. I'm sure he feels the same about that brand.

Manufacturers don't do themselves much of a favor by creating junk that dies early. They certainly cut off any repeat business. Not just by that consumer, but by the entire family, sometimes extended family. Produce junk, get a reputation for it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a LG that has been fine for about 4 years now.

I have a side by side Bosch counter depth in my RV, lives the worst possible life runs 24-7 for about 8 years, never a problem.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big nerd and always research for weeks for a big purchase much to my wife dismay. We bought a frig a couple of years ago. From what I remember, Whirlpool then Frigidaire were #1 and 2. LG and Samsung were junks. Both LG and Samsung factory trained and certified techs for were hard to find. You do not need to pay more for reliability. Contrary to popular belief, lower end models with less electronic processors and boards equal more reliable. New French doors with freezer on the bottom models are the least reliable. Side by side are in the middle. Freezer on top models are the most reliable. Feature like ice maker and thru door dispensers increase the chance of components failing. Refrigerators lasting for decades are long gone primarily due to moving the coils from the back to the bottom which make clean them harder or none at all. If you want your frig to last, clean the coil.

In the end we ended up with a 26 cu ft. Whirlpool side by side with analog buttons for the water and ice dispenser for $900 with tax. Very happy with it. Once we understood all those fancy features were unnecessary and increased the chance of issues, we were able to focus on the important criterion.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post