SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help finding investigating agency - MV Accident MO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help finding investigating agency - MV Accident MO Login/Join 
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted
I witnessed some events last night that lead to a horrific accident on interstate 270 in MO (north county for those familiar with the St Louis area). It is bothering me and I feel like I should at least tell someone what I saw but I cannot find any information other than some news blurbs that said the highway was shutdown due to an accident. It’s not listed on MSHP website and I can’t find a listing on St Louis counties website.

Anyone know how or where to find which agency investigated this accident?

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was on the interstate, I would start by checking with the state highway patrol post/barracks/district/whatever that covers the area. The odds are probably that they would have worked the crash. If not, they would know who did.

It's possible that there is a delay in the reports getting to the website, especially if it's serious and/or still under investigation or pending notification to families if a fatality.

Here's the page for the troop covering the area:
https://www.mshp.dps.missouri....rs/TroopC/index.html

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Could have been state, county, or municipal officers involved (or a combination of any of the above). Do you know what the closest exit was?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Could have been state, county, or municipal officers involved (or a combination of any of the above). Do you know what the closest exit was?

Between new halls ferry and 367.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Call the highway patrol in that area, explain you were a witness and they should be able to point you to the investigating officer.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Outside of state, that would be the North Precinct for County, Ferguson, or Bellefontaine Neighbors.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Shoot me an email.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
It could also have been Florissant too, but, reach out to Kevin per his invitation as I am sure he can help.

On another note thanks for doing the right thing. One person did that for me before after I was hit and it properly laid the blame on the other person so my insurance did not go up. I found out who it was and sent them a 12-pack of beer.

Posts: 3725 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post