SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is a blazer or sport coat much different from a suit coat anymore?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is a blazer or sport coat much different from a suit coat anymore? Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Blazers and suit coats aside, I was watching my new favorite show on HBO called "Industry" the other day and one of the old timers ripped the pocket off of the intern's dress shirt and told him "try not to look like you're here to change the lightbulbs".

Thought that was great.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Was it somewhat lighter shade of blue than typical denim jeans? Softer? Almost like brushed denim? Fairly prominent, but not in-your-face, stitching? That's how I remember mine.

I recall mine as being much classier than a leisure suit.

Wore it to a wedding, one time, complete with bolo tie, proper belt with a nice dress buckle, and, naturally, my "roach-killer" boots Smile (IIRC I skipped the hat, though Wink.) Got a lot of complements.

Yes, that sounds like mine. It certainly wasn't dark indigo. I do remember contrasting, or at least lighter colored stitching - maybe cream colored stitching on the denim. My mom has a picture of me in it somewhere, but I haven't seen it in years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You should see the beautiful brown suede leather jacket I had as a kid. Full fringe along it.

So is this a blazer cut?

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post