SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best sleep aids?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best sleep aids? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
My wife swears by THC gummies, 20mg strength, Indica strain. Sleeps like a baby!

THC or CBD? One gets you high, the other doesn't.

Actually not all THC will get you high, it's not Refer Madness or Up In Smoke with all THC use.

It depends on the pct of THC and strain, the Indica strains are usually recommended for relieving pain and insomnia. Often considered "bedtime strains," Indicas are said to have a calming effect on both the body and the mind.

Its the Sativa that is more energy "high" type of gummies.

If you don't want to get into OTC marketing driven products that may work, or get dependent on chemical solutions AKA Pharma then the THC based gummies are a good alternative. Stick with a well known larger based chains for best quality and product.

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRK, when you say larger based chains for best quality and product do you have examples of those?

You're in Florida. I'm in the Seattle area where we have a little green shop almost next to every Teriyaki take out. I've never paid much attention if there are big chain locations.

Perhaps you are referring to products produced by larger based chains? I'm totally clueless on this topic.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the verdict ?
What's working?
How's it going ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my case, Ambien for those nights when nothing but a velvet sledgehammer will do.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
HRK, when you say larger based chains for best quality and product do you have examples of those?

You're in Florida. I'm in the Seattle area where we have a little green shop almost next to every Teriyaki take out. I've never paid much attention if there are big chain locations.

Perhaps you are referring to products produced by larger based chains? I'm totally clueless on this topic.

Down here we have several who are larger companies MUV, Trulieve, Rise, Surterra, Leafly , for example MUV has 80 locations in Florida, TruLieve has locations in Florida, Georgia, Arizona, etc. They also grow and distribute the product from seed to sale.

You'd have to just find out what companies are in your state do some google-fu research and then find one you like, check reviews on the companies in your area.

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is her vitamin D level?

Posts: 345 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Unison. OTC non-narcotic or habit forming and you can take every day.
I give it to my 88 y/o mom every night.

I did not want to leave this here without a follow up. A medical friend was over a couple of nights ago and watched me give my mom her night meds. He didn’t say anything at the time, but later told me that Unisome is an antihistamine and a lot of it-50mg, and I needed to watch drug interactions especially with pain meds%
He then asked how her memory was and I said her short term was bad%. He told me that Unisome can affect the memory of older people and cause confusion etc.
I am now getting her off it with 25mg Benadryl then to 12.5mg and then off.
She has been on it since my dad passed two years ago.
I did not want to give bad advice and not correct it.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2249 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post