SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE! When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE! When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.... Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Envelope size. From Arkansas to Springfield Ohio. Driving is not an option Smile Who ya gonna use? FEDEX UPS USPS Other?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Fedex, sadly.

Priority overnight. Its not that much more expensive than standard O/N.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Can you scan it and email it?

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Fedex, sadly.

Priority overnight. Its not that much more expensive than standard O/N.
This. You have until ~6-7PM to drop it off at your local FedEx, most of them close during that window.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
FEDEX at my current home, but my employer moves me every few years and past homes have had UPS perform better. In other words, I'd ask the receiver if one is more reliable than the other in their location.

Never USPS for overnight

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Envelope size. From Arkansas to Springfield Ohio. Driving is not an option Smile Who ya gonna use? FEDEX UPS USPS Other?

I don't know about FedEx overnight. I do know that FedEx ground is the most unreliable in terms of promised delivery dates.

UPS is the most reliable in my experience.

USPS is generally pretty good, but if a delivery goes wrong, you can be screwed. There is no effective way to track anything down, and good luck getting any help.

So, UPS?

When I am sending something in town, I use a commercial messenger. It isn't much more expensive, and it is reliable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

When I am sending something in town, I use a commercial messenger.
That jogged some memories. I remember bicycle messengers in the city. Some of them used Whizzers.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Is Fedex overnight guaranteed? A while ago my wife sent something overnight and it took 3 days. Fedex was like sorry, not sorry, we don't guarantee overnight any longer.

check the fine print.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

Is Fedex overnight guaranteed? A while ago my wife sent something overnight and it took 3 days. Fedex was like sorry, not sorry, we don't guarantee overnight any longer.

check the fine print.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/9540034194

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I notice that all urgent mailings from my daughter's corporate office to her home office at our house has all been overnight by Fedex.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know about FedEx overnight. I do know that FedEx ground is the most unreliable in terms of promised delivery dates.

Our family went skiing over spring break and shipped luggage so we wouldn't have to deal with three kids and a bunch of suitcases in the airport. Going, we shipped five bags with Luggage Free, which uses FedEx behind the scenes.

On the way there, all five bags were delivered three days after the "guaranteed" delivery date. Fortunately we shipped them early enough that they still got there the day before we arrived.

On the way back, the hotel shipped the five bags regular FedEx Ground. Three of the bags took a week and a half. One took two weeks. The last bag finally arrived three weeks after it was shipped.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I just found out locally that getting my hand on a FEDEX envelope is a pipe dream. UPS involves at 50 mile round trip. USPS guaranteed delivery tomorrow.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

check the fine print.

The guarantee was removed during COVID, but they reinstated it earlier this year. Granted, getting your money back is small consolation if something that important goes missing.

Source

Edit- I see a whole bunch of people are faster than me.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d use FedEx. They’ve been my primary for work across different jobs for 30 years. I say those even as they lost a high value shipment earlier this month. They’ve been the most reliable.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight....

There is no guarantee, although they all say it's a guaranteed service. They all have managed to screw up. So, just flip your three-sided coin.

Q

Posts: 26394 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
For us, FedEx Ground is utterly useless.

FedEx is decent - was getting bad, but has recovered to "OK" status. (About what mail was, 20 years ago.)

USPS is just an utter failure.

UPS ground seems to work very well.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately I just found out locally that getting my hand on a FEDEX envelope is a pipe dream. UPS involves at 50 mile round trip. USPS guaranteed delivery tomorrow.

You're odds are maybe 50/50 of USPS actually getting it there overnight. So at least you will get your money back. That is their guarantee. I've received 2 refunds from USPS for their overnight guarantee so far.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was that USPS Priority Mail Express? Usually as reliable as anyone else for next day IME...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Was that USPS Priority Mail Express? Usually as reliable as anyone else for next day IME...

Yes, and if not delivered tomorrow, money back.

BIDEN SUCKS.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

Our family went skiing over spring break and shipped luggage so we wouldn't have to deal with three kids and a bunch of suitcases in the airport. Going, we shipped five bags with Luggage Free, which uses FedEx behind the scenes.

On the way there, all five bags were delivered three days after the "guaranteed" delivery date. Fortunately we shipped them early enough that they still got there the day before we arrived.

On the way back, the hotel shipped the five bags regular FedEx Ground. Three of the bags took a week and a half. One took two weeks. The last bag finally arrived three weeks after it was shipped.

FedEx Ground and FedEx are two entirely different companies that do entirely different things. I too have had issues with FXG, but FedEx Express has been incredibly reliable.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post