SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ferrari 296 GTB
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ferrari 296 GTB Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

I just KNEW somebody would point that out! Wink

I just rounded down to 60, but yes, 62 is technically correct! Big Grin

Couldn't resist Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
mine is getting ready to go in the shop for its engine out belt service and I also have a cracked header which I will be replacing - depending on how long it take Tubi to make the replacements.

P250 - once my car is off the rack and ready to go, if you're ever out this way you have an invite for a ride - I can take you up the mountain, or head out to the desert if its below 100 degrees

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Needs MORE Cylinders! At least four more, maybe six... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I also like the sound of a 72° V10.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

P250 - once my car is off the rack and ready to go, if you're ever out this way you have an invite for a ride - I can take you up the mountain, or head out to the desert if its below 100 degrees

Thanks, will keep that in mind if I ever end up in AZ.

I got a chance for a ride in a super clean 308, years ago.
I opted for the '57 Gullwing Mercedes, instead.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of that car, I bet it is fun to drive.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty old school, if I were to purchase a Ferarri it would be a model with carburetors. BTW I was once given a ride in a 1970 Daytona and it was awesome. I'll also note that seeing 6 Weber two barrels lined up on that V12 was mesmerizing. Basically the car was damned good looking but that engine was a Work of Art.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'll take a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta for that sweet naturally aspirated, insane revving, V12 goodness.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
At least with Tesla, I get why the “algorithm “ designs the car. This looks like the current vette

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
When I win the PowerBall...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stylistically I've long thought the 288GTO was the sweetest, sexiest looking of the brand. Culmination of the 70s 308 series. Horrible reliability though, at least back in the 1980s when they first were unleashed. A couple were bought locally by patrons of the marque and through friends I heard all sorts of tales about how haphazardly built these "premium" cars were. Seemed like it took years to properly sort those cars out, but they were to me the most perfect when it came to eye candy.

However the one Ferrari that I have the most regret over is the one I let get away. It's not the sexiest by any means, but it was a gruff looking bulldog that just felt so Enzo and was that one I should've bought. The 330 GTC is one I want the most, mostly because of that missed opportunity...

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That 330 is one of the best looking race cars of all time. I've been fascinated by them since I was a kid. There was a doctor in town when I was a teenager that had a 288 GTO that he occasionally drove to his office. I never missed an opportunity to go by and stare at it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Personally, I'll take a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta for that sweet naturally aspirated, insane revving, V12 goodness.

Nice car, but to ME, a Ferrari will always have the engine behind the driver/passenger, not in front of it! My days racing Fiat X1/9's taught me a love for mid-engine cars, and a Ferrari must be mid-engined in my mind. Just my opinion of course... Big Grin

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Nice car, but to ME, a Ferrari will always have the engine behind the driver/passenger, not in front of it! My days racing Fiat X1/9's taught me a love for mid-engine cars, and a Ferrari must be mid-engined in my mind. Just my opinion of course... Big Grin
To each their own my friend, and I must admit a love for the 458 as well. Just remember were Ferrari placed the motors in some of their most iconic cars Link . Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

OH YES!!!! One of the most beautiful Ferraris ever built......and it goes like stink!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
As a gear head also…..I quit caring about the Prancing Horses when they no longer made manual transmissions. Unless you’re racing for money, the shift speed matters not, it’s about engagement. Love the looks of this and many of their cars however. At least Porsche still makes manuals.

I intentionally left that can of worms out. I posted awhile back about the gated community and there were a lot of double clutch, blah, blah, blah, automatics, blah, blah, blah, are faster than the manual.
I don’t care!!!!! I want to DRIVE THE CAR! I want to push the clutch, I want to row the gears.
My buddy has a Porsche with the super duper double clutch fancy shmanzy automatic.
Sure, it is fun to drive but it would be so much more fun to drive if it were a manual.

I drove a M2C with a DCT then the 6MT. The DCT was soulless. The 6MT, I instantly said I f’in want one of these!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m not a huge fan of Jay Leno, but I do admire his car collection and his commitment to working on his own cars.

Came across this short video of him answering why he does not own any Ferrari’s. I did a short Google search on Ferrari customers service and did not find anything terrible; although many of the YouTube commenters appeared to side with Jay.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I've had the pleasure of owning a wonderful "Ferrari",a '72 246 GTS (chairs and flares). I LOVED THAT CAR, and know I will never own anything as special again.

I've owned several Porsches, Jags, Lotus, Audi RS, BMW M's, but none compared to the underpowered 2.4 liter V-6 Dino...wish I had it back.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Ahem, it would actually be 0-62mph in 2.9 sec. 100kph = 62MPH, if we're splitting hairs.
Is that 2.9 metric seconds?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

OH YES!!!! One of the most beautiful Ferraris ever built......and it goes like stink!!

I grew up with a poster of (a P4?) that car on my childhood bedroom wall. Super sexy.

Sometimes I think about a F430, but the expenses … the tuned pcar is bad enough.

Fun to dream.

Isn’t the F1 race at Imola this weekend?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post