SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    City's Water Quality Report: Is this good water?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

City's Water Quality Report: Is this good water? Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted
I know nothing of chemistry or water tests, so asking for learned opinions. Is this good safe water?

I've never noticed any off tastes or anything and always thought it was good and never seen a reason to think otherwise ... but wondered what those in the know might think.

While I use tap water for cooking and coffee, I drink bottled water that usually has gone through reverse osmosis and/or may have minerals added. But who really knows how good that bottled water is, eh.

I guess I drink bottled water rather than tap water that hasn't been heated in cooking or making coffee, for two reasons. One, I'm probably miles of piping from the water quality test site and who knows what might or might not be picked up along the way. And two, I figure they could probably test next week and maybe have entirely different result. Dunno.

Posts: 4705 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Be careful about using some bottled water vs tap water. have seen stories about some bottled water was actually city tap water but had been advertised as pure spring water. .......................drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way below the upper allowed levels.Should be GTG.I will add that the suggested max levels of total methane (disinfectant byproducts) compounds is .1ppm but the N/A means there is no standard.
Your levels are recorded in ppb

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Dibs on your guns. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
You are good. I wrote these reports for 12 years. If your system has problems, they are required to report it to you. My systems reported over 30 contaminants. It depends on how large your system is on how many have to be included in your report. They have to publish This report is due July 1 every year.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Way below the upper allowed levels.Should be GTG.I will add that the suggested max levels of total methane (disinfectant byproducts) compounds is .1ppm but the N/A means there is no standard.

Disinfected byproducts are recorded ppb.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our city water reports all show 'at safe levels'. However, we're in a farming community and they don't test the water for nitrates or pesticides.

Based on a doctor's recommendation and other research we put in an reverse osmosis purifier tap to use for all drinking and cooking. It ended up greatly improving the flavor of the coffee and tea.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:

Disinfected byproducts are recorded ppb.
I understand but the epa recommendation not standard is .01ppm max.He is well below the recommended amount.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Dibs on your guns. Big Grin

Big Grin
Thanks guys !!! Smile

Posts: 4705 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Our city water reports all show 'at safe levels'. However, we're in a farming community and they don't test the water for nitrates or pesticides.

Based on a doctor's recommendation and other research we put in an reverse osmosis purifier tap to use for all drinking and cooking. It ended up greatly improving the flavor of the coffee and tea.

Nitrate and Nitride testing are required by all public systems. Maybe they neglected to put it in the report.

Living the Dream

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
...It depends on how large your system is on how many have to be included in your report....

Thanks rtquig !!! This table was on the back of the report ...

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I really hated doing these reports! I did 7 separate water quality reports for our systems.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

Living the Dream

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really hated doing these reports! I did 7 separate water quality reports for our systems.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for your replies. I'm confident I have safe water. Thank you Smile