Member

| Our master bathroom are Jacuzzi brand. They work fine, and look nice. They were there when we bought the house.
The Enemy's gate is down. |
| | |
Firearms Enthusiast

| Moen for sure. We replaced everything with Moen many years ago and they absolutely send you any and all parts free of charge with free shipping.
If for some reason a faucet is out of production they will replace the unit for a cheap basic fee. This happened with a kitchen faucet that after 20 years had some finish issues where they no longer had the replacement housing in the desired finish. They offered a pretty good variety of model choices to choose from of close to equal or greater value. |
| | |
Striker in waiting

| Moen, for the reasons stated. Exceptional quality and amazing customer service. -Rob
I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888
A=A |
| | | Posts: 16450 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006 |  
IP
|
|
Animis Opibusque Parati
| I have had excellent customer service from Delta. Cartridge started dripping, they sent me a new one. This was in a 15 year old kitchen faucet.
"Prepared in mind and resources" |
| | |
Savor the limelight
| My bias stems from owning the cheapest fixtures from one brand and then assuming everything they made was cheap.
Moen, Kohler, and Delta have a lines of higher quality fixtures. We've used all three over the last 5 years, but my wife picked based on the "look" she wanted and none of what she picked was the cheap stuff. They all seem fine in everyday use, although I'm not a fan of the motion sensing/touch activated kitchen faucets. I'll be in the middle of rinsing a larger pot or bowl, touch the faucet and the water shuts off, or the motion sensing shuts the water off. But, they have LEDs that change from blue to red depending on the water's tempurature.
I know nothing about American Standard fixtures and offer no opinion. |
| | |
Fighting the good fight

| quote: Originally posted by trapper189: My bias stems from owning the cheapest fixtures from one brand and then assuming everything they made was cheap.
Moen, Kohler, and Delta have a lines of higher quality fixtures.
This. You can get cheap, lower end fixtures made more from plastic from any of these brands, or you can get nicer and better quality fixtures made with more metal. Sometimes the appearance will look the same or similar on the outside for two different tier models, but the internal materials and build quality will differ. It pays to research the model and line, not just the brand. Make sure you're getting their higher tier fixtures. Most of the ones sold on the shelves at a big box store will be their lower end models. Plumbing supply stores and online sellers are more likely to have the higher tier fixtures available. |
| | | Posts: 35511 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008 |  
IP
|
|
Thank you Very little

| Moen is what we have in the bath rooms, they have a good warranty and replace parts without question, just keep the receipts and be sure to register all of them.
Kitchen is Hansgrohe, a bit more upscale, Costco has a large line of faucets to choose from, Kohler, Moen, Delta, Kraus, Hansgrohe, |
| | | Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008 |  
IP
|
|
St. Vitus Dance Instructor

| About 4 years ago the lavatory faucet was leaking. It was a jacuzzi brand that came with the house. Sure enough no cartridge was available so decided to replace with either Delta or Moen. Wife said just replace all the faucets and the kitchen unit. I went with Delta brand since parts can be had anywhere and they also had a clearance site online which helped with the cost. |
| | |
Member
| I live in a hundred-year-old house.
It had a mix of all sorts of plumbing fixtures, as things were replaced over time.
As I needed to repair or replace the fixtures, the only company that made it easy to get parts was Moen.
I had a bathroom fixture that they did not make anymore. They sent me a new fixture.
I now replaced all the fixtures with Moen.
4 Bathrooms, kitchen, and Pantry are all Moen |
| | |
Savor the limelight
| It's probably a butler's pantry. Do not under any circumstances tell your wife that such a thing exists. |
| | |
come and take it
| I'm a landlord and decided to pick one and stick with it. I picked Moen, glad to see the love for them in here. 15 Moen faucets installed in the last year, it's still early but so far so good.
"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
|
| | | Posts: 2465 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003 |  
IP
|
|
Drill Here, Drill Now

| Worst kitchen faucet I have ever owned was a Delta and the best kitchen faucet I ever owned was a different model of delta. Dipshit builder installed the single farm sink which looked awesome, and it had a Delta touch faucet which seemed awesome too. However, it was so low flow nanny faucet and it took about 15 minutes to fill up the giant sink, but wait it's worse than that: The touch portion timed out after a few minutes so you had to keep restarting the flow. The controller for the touch was initially 100% battery and that thing ate AA batteries. I read the manual and found there was an optional electrical plug so I bought that and it slowed down the battery eating but didn't eliminate it.
I had Thanksgiving at a friend's new house and they had recently installed a new kitchen sink which they loved. It was just what I was looking for being extendable, high flow, and no touch sensor. I bought it even though it was a Delta, and it's the best kitchen sink faucet I've ever had. Great price at Costco too.
Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity
DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. |
| | | Posts: 25809 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005 |  
IP
|
|
Where liberty dwells, there is my country

| Look at what your local plumbing supply house (not retail outlet) carries and supports. All of the brands you mentioned have builder basic to high end custom lines, but getting parts for those in 10+ years is what's important. That being said, Moen is usually good about supporting their products and standing behind their warranties.
"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
|
| | | Posts: 2270 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003 |  
IP
|
|