SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have the Milwaukee Packout Socket Set?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the Milwaukee Packout Socket Set? Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
Speaking of the 106 pc 1/4" and 3/8" with the Packout integration. I use packout and love it. I have a huge Craftsman set that also includes the 1/2 but for some fucking stupid goddamn reason, if you turn the case on its side, all the sockets come out of their respective locations. This makes the entire kit mostly useless to me, which is too bad, its really everything I need.

The Milwaukee is a little pricy but Ive never regretted overspending on tools...yet.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop...W2p0aekaAir_EALw_wcB

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The Packout stuff is nice, but on some of it they lost their minds price wise. Small tool bag that's 3x's as much because it clips to a screw box? Sorry, no. I think they shot themselves in the foot with the pricing.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
$250 seems pricey for handtools that are probably made in China.

You're satisfied w/ your Craftsman sockets. Why don't you find a new storage case for them? Milwaukee might have a Packout case that fits them, or get a socket holder like the following.

https://www.amazon.com/Mechan-...r/dp/B07D136Y9B?th=1

or this,

https://www.acetool.com/Milwau.../mil-48-22-9486t.htm

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ pricing is exactly why I can't give you my opinion on them.

I like the Packout setup, but their socket kit pricing is WAY over priced.
So I continue to use the trusted SK set.

Which brings me to another possibility, to see if the SK kit will fit in the slim Packout case after removing the containers..

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I think I'd just get this set for $60.

https://www.harborfreight.com/...set-66-pc-64267.html

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I glued a thin piece of closed cell foam into the lid of my socket set to keep the sockets in place.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I glued a thin piece of closed cell foam into the lid of my socket set to keep the sockets in place.

I tried something similar. While I didnt glue it, I used foam and it was still a mess. I cannot understand how Craftsman could put there name on something like this, it's very annoying.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
If I could sell all my lowes tools and go Milwaukee I would in a heart beat, all my main cabinet shop tools are milwaukee and they are awesome. 249 is a great price I'm going to buy that set.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone have the Milwaukee Packout Socket Set?

I don't but it sure looks good to me. If its what you want go for it. I sure like the fact that most modern sockets and box end wrenchs use that flat drive type technology.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that you can see the sockets through the plastic. I've got an older Craftsman set which you have to open to see what's in it.

Posts: 1924 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post