SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a Cuisinart propane smoker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a Cuisinart propane smoker? Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
The wife and I have kicked around buying a smoker for a while now. The pellet or charcoal ones sound like too much work in monitoring them. I came across Cuisinart smokers. Between the electric and propane models, we decided would prefer the propane one.

Anybody own one of these or have experience with propane fired smokers. Thanks.

This is the one we are looking at. We have been satisfied with all our other Cuisinart products.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 48” vertical propane smoker similar to what you posted except is was stainless steel.

It was OK but when I got my Big Green Egg, it was never used again.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I have another brand, use it regularly. The nice thing is it maintains a very constant temp. Short of running out of propane, all you need to do is add wood chips, and water.

I usually smoke things “en masse”. It doesn’t matter how much you cook, time is the longest factor. Smoke what fits, and freeze the rest for later.

I’d like to go wood only, but it’s nice to just throw things on there, add some wood and water, and it’s pretty much set for about 4hrs. It doesn’t need much attention.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post