SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5 Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Will continue to uplift you, lbj, and V-Tail in prayer. God bless you all.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

V-Tail? What's going on with him?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Update:5

Well my wife has come down with Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma three weeks ago. Started with irritation in the right eye felt like something in it. Trip to the local Eye Doctor and they could not find anything, and she was prescribed some steroid eye drops. Well it felt better about three days after. Then a few day later it hurt so bad she was screaming and in tears. Called the local Ophthalmologist office and the two doctors were in surgery that day. Best they could do would be an appoint the next day. Shared that with my wife and it won’t do for the pain is so severe. Told her it is midafternoon lets go to the Hospital where I have been several times and they are Trauma Hospital. Maybe we can catch an Ophthalmologist still there. She didn’t get out of ER until 11PM. There was an Ophthalmologist that was called in for a total of 4 ER patients. He did some laser work on the eye to relieve some pressure and she was given diuretics and 3 eye ointment RXs. Well she has been going to see he almost daily for the last two weeks and she goes for Cataract Glaucoma Surgery Monday Oct. 5.

Now onto me. I have been the chosen driver thru all of this with the wife for the eye doctor’s office is 28 miles away. I had a PET Scan done Wednesday Sept 30th. My Oncologist Office called Thursday and left a message for me to call them regarding my scan. Wife called home when we left her eye doctor appointment to talk with our daughter. She told my wife the message. Wife told me as I was driving about the Oncologist message. I told the wife I don’t think it is good news. They have never called me the day after a scan to talk to me. They always shared the results at my next appointment and I have an infusion appointment next week Oct 7. Well talk in the car got very quiet. I had a lot of things going thru my head. One was a quick prayer asking whatever my news is I hope I am around long enough to get all the driving done that is needed for my wife to heal.

We picked up some greasy hamburgers for lunch and we ate lunch before I made the dreaded call. I called and talked to the Triage Nurse and told her Sarah the Oncology Nurse had left message for me to call her. She said the Oncology Nurse will call back when she can. The Triage Nurse asked a bunch of questions like is it difficult to breath and do I cough a lot. Well it was yes to those questions. Couple of hours latter the Oncology Nurse called. I had to ask her what is the bad news right away. She said it is actually good news. The tumor is getting smaller and the two lymph nodes in that area are showing less activity. She said there is a swelling in that area that is affecting my bronchial tube and the swelling was due to the Immunotherapy treatment. She remembers that I had an infection and pneumonia about two months ago in that area. I told her I have been on Oxygen therapy since the pneumonia and that coughing up mucus and breathing has slowly been improving. She said she will evaluate me next week and decide if they need to start me on a strong prednisone treatment with a taper. Well got of the phone. Wife already knew for the phone was on speaker phone. Well I did a lot of talking to our maker and many thankful prayers. I had to call my brother for he called earlier to check on Paula and me. I cut him short telling him I have a call coming in re my scan from the Oncologist.

Sorry for the long-winded update.

I want to truly thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. With God’s grace I beat lung cancer in 2010 and winning the fight so far in 2020.

Thanks again
Roy and Paula.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read these accounts by my internet associates of their journey into healthcare with sincere interest. I try to learn something so that somewhere along their path my intervention with them will be as productive as it
can be.

I wish you the best Roy and Paula

Make it count

Posts: 1413 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very happy to read your latest update. Phone calls from the Dr. aren't always negative, as you experienced. But your mind sure goes in that direction quickly when they do call. Very glad you are seeing progress with your treatment. Things have progressed so much in the treatment of so many different cancers, it is truly amazing.

I will say a prayer for you and for your wife to get on the sunny side of things as quickly as possible. Hang in there and keep a positive attitude going.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

V-Tail? What's going on with him?

Jim

Jim, he has been battling with that Guillain Barre Syndrome for awhile now and has made references before. I try and keep up the prayer for folks as long as I can. I do considerable prayer anyways because I know it's helped me and if I see that I can help another I just add them on. Not exclusively limited to the 2-legged kind either. If it is mentioned in a thread and I can pitch in a prayer, it's a done deal.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roy, that's fantastic news, I'm truly joyful for you!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Keeping all of you in my prayers....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
glad to hear your news

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post