SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5 Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Praying for you Roy.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Praying for a full recovery. It's fantastic news that the end is in sight. I'm sure you can't wait to get off O2.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good fight.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Keep fighting, praying for the best for you, and a swift return to work.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Added you to my prayer list Roy, may the Good Lord Bless you with strength and healing.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
I HATE cancer. I'm praying for you Roy.

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm praying for your complete recovery.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living In A Wild Place
posted Hide Post
All my best to you! Lung cancer sucks baddd!

Posts: 295 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That sounds good Roy. Continued prayers for healing and recovery. You are amazing! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your recovery.

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Update 4

Well pretty much got over a bad bout with Shingles. At first I thought it was a rash due to the Infusion Meds. Called the Oncology Office and they got me right in to evaluate. Oncology nurse took one look and said it is shingles. It was on my left buttock cheek and left upper rear thigh. Not a good spot. She said it was due to my immune system going thru a lot of change during the treatment and everything. She said there are three Meds out there and was going to check with their in-house Pharmacist which would be the best one to prescribe. The shingles blistering is gone but I still get a mild shooting pain in the area at times.

Well been kind of back to work for almost a month. Pulmonologist has me on O2 24 hours and I am working from home doing maintenance administrative work on a laptop they sent me. I am a truck mechanic for a fuel hauling company normally. I am on sediment work duty for another month and a half.

I planned to retire next year may be the year after that depending how Immunotherapy is going. I have started those 6 weeks ago with a projected course of two years. May have to push retirement back one year. One of the drugs is 20K and the other is almost 11K. One drug I will get every three weeks for two years and the other one every 6 weeks for 6 months. That is why I may have to work one more year that I planned. Current Company Medical Plan pays 100 percent after I reach a $2,500 max out of pocket for the year. Do not know what Medicare and perhaps a supplement plan would cover? I will have to look deeply into that as I approach 65 next year.

Treatments going well except for the swelling in the feet. Oncology Doctor says it is due to all the steroids I am on for I am also doing two inhalers a day and two nebulizer treatments a day.

I am just thankful I still have a job with income and medical coverage thru these times of so many people without a job.

I am getting off oxygen here and there thru the day. The Pulmonologist said try to ween off of it.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do not know what Medicare and perhaps a supplement plan would cover? I will have to look deeply into that as I approach 65 next year.

^^^^^^^^^^
The oncology office will know. There were SIGNIFICANT changes made to Medicare and coverage of oncology drugs, so they will know. It is a little confusing as to whether Part B or Part D covers the drugs. Get the best supplement you can afford. Good luck on your treatment.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, you are in my prayers every night

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a cancer survivor I will pray for You to kick this shits ass.

Posts: 95 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Thanks for not posting pics. Good Luck to you ontmark.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update O. Prayers for healing and strength. Also, glad your company values you as an employee and a person.

May God Bless you and those caring for you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
You're still here so that means winning!
Very nice.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Roy, I admire your courage and your strength. I am also lifting you in prayer. Stay strong, brother.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Roy. Glad you're still fighting!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post