SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What should I do with 3 year old boat gas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What should I do with 3 year old boat gas Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mix it with fresh fuel and run it in your mower . It's not going to magically gum up your carb , especially if it's mixed and then run . People do it all the time .

Posts: 4062 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
No way would I stick 3 yr old fuel in my vehicle!

No, no, no, but hell NO.

I agree it's a bad idea to put 3 year old gas in your vehicle. My neighbor put some old gas, about a year or so, in his mini van and it immediately fouled up his fuel system, engine kept sputtering and stalling. I would mix small amounts of the old gas with fresh gas and use it in my lawn mower.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a car old enough to have a carburetor put 3 gallons of the old stuff with 7 gallons of fresh gas and burn it up. A small bit of good news is those antiques tend to get rather poor mileage so you can use that gas up pretty quick.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5650 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Mix it with fresh fuel and run it in your mower . It's not going to magically gum up your carb , especially if it's mixed and then run . People do it all the time .
If it's ethanol and it has phase separated, all that will accomplish is turning X gallons of bad gas into more bad gas.

Again: Once ethanol-adulterated gasoline has phase separated nothing can save it. Not mixing it with good gas. Not additives. Nothing. It's done. Finis. Kaput. Fit only for hazardous waste disposal.

Ok, yeah: And maybe as a fire starter--if you like living dangerously.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Jeeze - it is $25 of gasoline. It isn't worth the chance to put it through an engine.

Use it burn leaves or throw it down the storm drain like god intended.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Eek

Please don't do this.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Eek

Please don't do this.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeeze - it is $25 of gasoline. It isn't worth the chance to put it through an engine.

I'm still laughing at this.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make napalm????

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Ok, yeah: And maybe as a fire starter--if you like living dangerously.

I was once told by a firefighter, “Legally, you cannot use any accelerant when you burn, but we use a 50:50 mix of gasoline and diesel in our drip torches.”

That was some years ago though, they may use something more environmentally friendly these days.

I’m not sure what the mix does unless the diesel somehow cuts down on the gasoline fumes (the really scary part of gas).

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
got about 8 gallon of regular gas in portable tanks of a fishing boat that hasn't been used in about 3 yrs. does not have oil in it. Any additives to rejuvinate that aren't snake oil? Thanks

Get some bottles and practice making Molotov cocktails

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 words....yellow jacket nest. How you choose to deliver said ordinance to said target is your choice. Big Grin

Posts: 586 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, here is a solution. You need an old gas can or two since you have 8 gals of fuel. Pour the boat gas into the cans. Go to a gas station with the cans full of bad gas. Stop at the pump and fill up your vehicle then make it look like you are filling the gas cans. Leave them there and drive off. Someone will think they found some free gas and cans like some lawn care guy left by mistake. Problem solved.

Before anyone get's their panties in a knot this is satire for entertainment purposes.

Awake not woke

Posts: 568 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
I have a container of old gas that does wonders on yellowjackets. Pour it down the hole after dark as long as you dare, and light it as you run away like a little girl runs from a spider.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 464 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Eek

Please don't do this.

Yeah. Storm drains are for used motor oil. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

I was once told by a firefighter, “Legally, you cannot use any accelerant when you burn, but we use a 50:50 mix of gasoline and diesel in our drip torches.”

That guy would have keeled over if he'd seen how old tires filled with diesel could really get a big brush pile going.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post