SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cannot locate FBI crime stat tables after 2019 on net
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cannot locate FBI crime stat tables after 2019 on net Login/Join 
posted
2019 FBI Table 43 on crime stats shows arrests by race and crime in US (UCR.FBI.Gov) and is available as are previous years.

I can find none after 2019. There is some discussion about the format being changed but I can find nothing with similar info in indexed tables.

I’m aware of previous discussions of inaccuracy of FBI stats here and elsewhere. Did FBI/Justice cease publishing this info in similar format?

I once also found table showing stats showing murder stats with breakdown of Afro Amer killed by white, and vice versa as well as other racial stats showing same by Hispanic, Asian, others etc. in an index or table.

Cannot find it either.

Am I missing something? Looking in wrong places or using faulty search procedures?

Did Justice dept choose to obscure and censor these easy to read tables because on basis of them being prejudicial?

Where could I find this info?

I searched Sigforum and didn’t see anything dealing with this issue. I found some discussion re FBI stats being incorrect. Sorry if I missed it.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Most likely they don’t want to publish those stats as it would simply prove how ineffective and incompetent they are.

Posts: 53228 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Did Justice dept choose to obscure and censor these easy to read tables because on basis of them being prejudicial?

Idk the answer but I have personally seen how the fedgov either removes data or presents in a way to give a false understanding. One was crime data in National Parks back when I was running a website promoting the legalization of defensive firearms in the parks. The other is airline and aircraft safety data related to accidents and incidents.

These days I presume intentional acts on the part of government rather than their incompetence or my own error in finding the information.

"Everything is a psyop until proven otherwise" is a pretty good philosophy these days.

Posts: 9482 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems blatant to me and vey obvious.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The stats for the year 2020 would have become available in 2021, and President Two Scoops took office in January of that year.

They can't be letting the truth get out- the truth of who is committing the violent crime in this country.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Nate the Lawyer on YT released a video today talking about how the FBI fudges the numbers. He was saying that another entity that tracks these same figures found that 60% of mass shootings are stopped by a good guy with a gun.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My guess is their excuse is it is due to the switch from UCR reporting to the new National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS). From what I know, the FBI started only accepting data in 2021 via NIBRS and many agencies are not setup to report their data that way so the FBI has incomplete data. They probably aren’t wanting to report what data they do have because it can’t be compared to prior years.

If this is indeed the reason, I think they should still publish the data they do have and explain which jurisdictions are not contributing to the data and that it is not complete.

I do have to say the timing of this is suspicious as is to just not report ANYTHING.

ETA: I am on my iPad right now so I can’t download and open these reports. Try here: https://cde.ucr.cjis.gov/LATEST/webapp/# and see if this has what you are looking for. The fourth section down in “Documents and Downloads” is called “ Crime in the United States Annual Reports” and has 2020, 2021, and 2022 reports. See if this is it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Maybe they're embarrassed with the sudden uptick in the numbers due to their own involvement.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Norman. Some info is there but at first glance not in the easy to read tables. I’ll continue.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Thanks Norman. Some info is there but at first glance not in the easy to read tables. I’ll continue.

Next time I log into the FBI LE portal I will check to see if there is also anything there. I wouldn’t think so as it is public information and should be readily available. I tried to log in yesterday and got through the first step, but they have YET AGAIN changed their secondary verification methods and I will have to call their help desk to get it fixed for me.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post