SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cell phone lost and found questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone lost and found questions Login/Join 
posted
How does a total stranger get your cell phone returned to you if they find it?

I was thinking of putting a piece of paper with contact information on it between the phone and the protective after market case,
Just in case.

My phone is not locked so I can only hope that a good Samaritan would call a few people from my contacts list to get my phone back to me.

Any thoughts or ideas ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Apple or Android?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motorola android power

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Just call your phone and offer a $500 reward. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Put your contact info as your wallpaper.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking of putting a piece of paper with contact information on it between the phone and the protective after market case,
Just in case.

Just make sure you don't put your name and cell number on the paper Big Grin

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Just make sure you don't put your name and cell number on the paper Big Grin
Yeah, because nobody leaves voicemail any more!

Posts: 6456 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was getting so many spam messages on my voice mail .
I locked it up.

No voice mail for you!

posted Hide Post
On mine, the contacts list alphabetically. The first contact they'll see is "AAAA owner", with a different phone number to reach me listed.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I made a label-maker label on the back with my wife's number.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Did you lose yours, or find somebody's?

I set up my Samsung/Android phone to be PIN-protected, but after a swipe to unlock, "Emergency Call" is displayed. Tapping this shows people I have designated as emergency contacts, bypassing the PIN.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is banking and other confidential information on my cell phone. I remotely brick it and upload my data onto a new cell phone. That is after I determine I cannot find it.
That way I do not have to worry about compromised data.
President Bush did that when his party animal daughters lost theirs in Argentina.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Did you lose yours, or find somebody's?

I set up my Samsung/Android phone to be PIN-protected, but after a swipe to unlock, "Emergency Call" is displayed. Tapping this shows people I have designated as emergency contacts, bypassing the PIN.

No and no

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I didn't set it up that way with loss of the phone in mind, but in case I am found unconscious or otherwise incapacitated.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
There is banking and other confidential information on my cell phone. I remotely brick it and upload my data onto a new cell phone. That is after I determine I cannot find it.
That way I do not have to worry about compromised data.
President Bush did that when his party animal daughters lost theirs in Argentina.

Sounds like you've done that a few times.

iPhones have a neat "find my phone" feature.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post