SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    8-year olds take a knee.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8-year olds take a knee. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Y'all can just shake your heads at this one, too...

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...youth-football-game/

Un-freaking-believable Mad If my kid(s) played on this asshole's team, I'd push so many parents to pull their kids off, that asshole coach wouldn't have enough players to field a punt return squad. This is our future...[JSMH]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not the kids, it's the coach.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And the parents with zero balls.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem is kids are looking at wrong types of people as role models. Not only do the kids not understand but the parents do not understand either.
Don't get me wrong there are a lot of good roll models in sports but they are not the ones getting coverage in the news about the good things they do.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

This is exactly what I concluded after a moment of anger at the kids washed over me. The kids did what kids do. They inquired and followed. The coach had an opportunity to teach perspective and true principles. He failed and poisoned their minds. Now we have another handful of noxious Kaepernick seeds sprouting in the garden.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm protesting worked well for kaepernick.... should definitely follow in his shoes.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 1316 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It was only a matter of time before sports followed education as a vehicle for indoctrination.

You can ask "whatever happened to playing sports just for the sheer fun of playing sports?", but you might as well ask "whatever happened to education actually being education?" Or news reporting actually being about reporting the news, rather than making the news or promulgating a narrative.

(Cue the watching-sports-fans "why let a few bad apples define the entire sports industry?")

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fire his ass. Give him time to be a full-time protester.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The painful part is that these kids don't even understand how lucky they are to be Americans. YES, they all have the right to kneel and show the world that they are stupid assholes. I just wish they were not stupid assholes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How much did you know about politics and social issues when you were 8 years old? If you did know anything at all, could you articulate it? Not really. These kids are little more than infants and don't know shit except what they are told or shown.

The coach is the problem, and yes, the parents as well.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Why do I get the feeling more than a few of the parents support the coach?

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Gotta keep racism alive! I don't see one white kid in the whole bunch. The coach either should have known better, or he did it for publicity, which is what he got. They have no idea what real courage and heroism is. Giving the nation a middle finger is not courage.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Brainwashing them as early as possible, using them as pawns. This is what commies do.

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes sir. You nailed it.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3127 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much did you know about politics and social issues when you were 8 years old? If you did know anything at all, could you articulate it? Not really. These kids are little more than infants and don't know shit except what they are told or shown.

The coach is the problem, and yes, the parents as well.

100% agree... the only thing I worried about when I was 8 was when is lunch and recess. If black people are getting killed and nobody is going to jail that probably means that somebody had to use self defense to stop someone from hurting them. It's amazing, I'm sure there are hoodlum white people that get killed all the time for being idiots and none of that ever makes news. Moral of the story COLOR DOESNT MATTER just don't be a hoodlum. I've never once worried about being shot by a cop when I get pulled over for speeding or whatever... BECAUSE IM RESPECTFUL AND I KNOW I DID SOMETHING WRONG...

Just wish all these athletes, movie stars, media personnel, politicians, etc that seem to hate our country would just move somewhere else. Honestly if I hated America I would move. But they just want attention because where else but America can you get paid millions to play a sport

Posts: 1316 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Brainwashing them as early as possible, using them as pawns. This is what commies do.

Bingo.

This isn't a new phenomenon.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that should be child abuse

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Bingo.

This isn't a new phenomenon.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson addressed this on his show last night, with a NFL player from the Eagles (methinks?) representing the opposition view.

During the video footage he had, the blue/white team took a knee and turned their backs to the flag, while another team (red/white) stood and was respectful. The contrast was stark, and I'm fairly sure Tucker's point to the fooseballer about giving the finger to the flag and patriotism was totally lost. I think at some point that big ol' karma wheel will roll on over and crush many of these idiots, and I almost feel guilty for wanting to be there to see it. Almost.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
This is the coach, the league, the parents and anyone else involved in it.

In my opinion, anyone who participates or condones these actions should get the fuck out of my country.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post