SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    8-year olds take a knee.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8-year olds take a knee. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Brainwashing them as early as possible, using them as pawns. This is what commies do.

Bingo.

This isn't a new phenomenon.

And, the current champion.

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
On Cold and Chicago morn another little child is born... in the ghetto
And his momma cries.

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There is a football coach that would "take a knee" on the football field and pray. First Amendmet issue. What happened?

"A three-judge panel ruled the Bremerton School District was justified in suspending Coach Joe Kennedy after he took a knee and prayed silently at midfield after football games.

"When Kennedy kneeled and prayed on the fifty-yard line immediately after games while in view of students and parents, he spoke as a public employee, not as a private citizen, and his speech therefore was constitutionally unprotected," the 9th Circuit wrote."

It follows that the other coach is a public employee and his speech was constitutionally unprotected. However, this is the 9th Circuit (AKA "the Loony Left") so the decision would be the opposite.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...t-pray-on-field.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's not the kids, it's the coach.

Yes sir. You nailed it.

Yep, old saying, "Attitude reflects coaching."

You occasionally come across players who defy their coaches, but teams that exhibit good or bad sportsmanship are reflections of their coaches.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
If my kid was on that team the coach and I would have a little come to Jesus chat.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hereeeee comet ... Comet.... Comet.....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
many many years ago when I was 8, I lived in an inner city.

My playground was back alleys 10' wide and made of concrete.

If I could have looked into the future and seen these kids, with their uniforms, helmets, grass field, coach, - I would have thought they were the luckiest kids in the world.

But they dishonor our flag, anthem, and country.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's not the kids, it's the coach.

Yes sir. You nailed it.

Yep, old saying, "Attitude reflects coaching."

You occasionally come across players who defy their coaches, but teams that exhibit good or bad sportsmanship are reflections of their coaches.

This could have very well been a small group of parents of influential players who staged this as their own personal protest. Kids do as their friends do. It "MAY" have had nothing to do with the coach, and he may have been as surprised as anyone if he didn't see this coming.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This could have very well been a small group of parents of influential players who staged this as their own personal protest. Kids do as their friends do. It "MAY" have had nothing to do with the coach, and he may have been as surprised as anyone if he didn't see this coming.

It could have been, but it wasn't.

8-year-old Cahokia football team kneels during anthem ahead of recent game

Excerpt, '“I felt like it was a good teaching moment for me to circle the team and have a meeting,” he said.

The coach said he spoke to them about that and other situations that have happened in our country. He then explained why former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem.

“One of the kids asked, ‘Can we do that?’ I said, ‘As long as we know why we're doing it, I don’t have a problem with any of it.’”'

Posts: 3273 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Here's the stick. Who is killing "black people" in this country with few arrests? Yes, it is other black people and a bankrupt hood rat culture of "snitches get stitches". Folks, the numbers just don't lie.

The largest part of the problem has nothing to do with the deaths. It is the ignorance that is being spread to advance an agenda, and the poisoning of souls that is occurring. Crappernick and the whole BLM movement is about money, not justice. These kids are an unfortunate side effect of that struggle for money and power.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37197 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I hate Illinois Hitlerjugend.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Excerpt, '“I felt like it was a good teaching moment for me to circle the team and have a meeting,” he said.

The coach said he spoke to them about that and other situations that have happened in our country. He then explained why former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem.

“One of the kids asked, ‘Can we do that?’ I said, ‘As long as we know why we're doing it, I don’t have a problem with any of it.’”'

I stand corrected, thanks for the information.

A youth athletic coach should never bring his personal feelings, politics, agendas, etc to the players. Every. This guy needs to understand that he's there to coach sports, not become part of a national debate

343 - Never Forget

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I stand corrected, thanks for the information.

A youth athletic coach should never bring his personal feelings, politics, agendas, etc to the players. Every. This guy needs to understand that he's there to coach sports, not become part of a national debate

Exactly... If he were a better coach, he could have used the "teaching moment" to respond to his players' question but also to teach them to check their egos and politics at the door. It's disgusting, b/c youth sports might be the only chance these kids have to participate in an uncorrupted sporting organization.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
At 8 those kids should be focused on learning the game and playing as a team.

Throwing your political ideas in as a coach has no room at all. I bet most of the kids don't understand the issue at all.

When I was 8 playing sports I just wanted to play and be part of the team. I didn't even know what protesting was.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post