SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vandals Smash Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Stone **Update** Pg 2: Scumbag 14 year old in custody
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vandals Smash Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Stone **Update** Pg 2: Scumbag 14 year old in custody Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Infuriating. I hope they catch the scumbags who did this.

https://patch.com/new-york/sac...urphy-memorial-stone

Vandals Smash Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Stone

Police are investigating after the centerpiece of Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Park was found smashed into pieces.

The centerpiece of Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Park in Lake Ronkonkoma has been smashed to pieces by vandals.

A photo shared on Facebook shows the black granite stone broken into numerous pieces at the park located on Lake Shore Road. Suffolk County Police say a report was filed Thursday. No arrests have been made.

"The Fourth Precinct is assigned to the case," Suffolk County Police Commissioner Geraldine Hart said in a statement Thursday night. "We encourage anyone who may have information to come forward and contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. A Crime Stoppers fast cash reward of $2,500 has been made available."

Murphy, a Navy SEAL from Patchogue, was killed in Afghanistan during Operation Red Wings in 2005 at the age of 29. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions in protecting his comrades.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm all for finding them and returning the favor.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12792 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
To the vandals: Go on and break it then. Smash it up. But you can't break what makes men like Murph. And you can't break the fact that Michael could wring more integrity out of one sock after a workout than you will possess in your entire lifetime.

So go ahead and break it. Take your pats on the back from your America-hating masters. But I'll bet you broke it under the cover of darkness. I'll bet you broke it under a mask to hide your identity. And I'll bet you have a long future of hiding, trying to avoid your shame.

The law may never catch you, but you can't hide from your shame.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Fucking cowards.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Install a new monument just a little nicer than the last and take in volunteer snipers for starters. Scumbags.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Find them and smash their face repeatedly against that stone.

Q

Posts: 26440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes me wonder, was it typical vandals or was it antifa/ democrat types.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their day will come.

Posts: 12715 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I hope Marcus Luttrell finds them first.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
To the vandals: Go on and break it then. Smash it up. But you can't break what makes men like Murph. And you can't break the fact that Michael could wring more integrity out of one sock after a workout than you will possess in your entire lifetime.

So go ahead and break it. Take your pats on the back from your America-hating masters. But I'll bet you broke it under the cover of darkness. I'll bet you broke it under a mask to hide your identity. And I'll bet you have a long future of hiding, trying to avoid your shame.

Well said.

Posts: 11393 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Sorry ass punks for sure.

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Stuff like this doesn't usually infuriate me for some reason but this guy was an absolute hero who died for his men and his country. I hope they find these people.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15257 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Punks like this, and I am being nice calling them punks, need to be dealt with swiftly.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Pretty certain that Murphy won't see them in Hell.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of a reward, why don't they put the $2500 toward repair or replacement of the monument?
The vandals will hopefully get theirs, even if it's not as soon as we'd like.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

Well said.

Indeed

Posts: 13289 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I volunteer to smatch every fucking bone in their worthless body's to dust.

It might take me a day or two, I may be tired, but the job would be done to satisfaction.

Worthless fucking cowards!

ARman

Posts: 3155 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
People that do things like this have no shame. It was a selfish cowardly act by a person(s) devoid of any moral compass.

It appears the Stone was struck twice, likely by a sledgehammer. Clearly no accident.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately common. There was an elderly man here in Marquette who used to walk the town washing windows. He also took care of the flowers in a little pocket park. Very selfless and kind man. Everybody loved him. When he passed away, they erected a statue of him in the pocket park. It has been vandalized twice. One of the assholes involved was caught but essentially skated.
Our statue of Father Marquette has been repeatedly spray painted.
Defacing or destroying grave markers, statues and other public memorials calls for one thing:
A long jail sentence.
Watching the destruction of the Civil War memorials infuriated me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16108 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Some people really suck.

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post