SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need restaurant suggestions in Columbus OH
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need restaurant suggestions in Columbus OH Login/Join 
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted
Headed to Columbus in a few weeks to see my new granddaughter. Looking for some local places to eat. Any recommendations appreciated

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like going out for breakfast, may I suggest Super Chef's

http://mysuperchefs.com/downtown

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It’s been a few years but I always liked Schmidt’s Sausage Haus. As you may be able to guess from the name it’s German. They even have a buffet!

http://www.schmidthaus.com

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skyline Chili.
How I miss Skyline.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16118 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Skyline Chili.
How I miss Skyline.

https://www.cincyfavorites.com/shop/skyline-chili/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
It’s been a few years but I always liked Schmidt’s Sausage Haus. As you may be able to guess from the name it’s German. They even have a buffet!

http://www.schmidthaus.com

First thing that came to mind. If you go there, save room for a creampuff.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends where you are going to be at in Columbus, OH.

I will be heading there on April 01 to check on my parents house and do an interview.

I do miss Schmidts Sausage house, Roosters, Donatos and Jossepi Pizza and a couple greasy spoon diners we used to eat at just outside of Downtown (one is Tommy Diner).

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted Hide Post
Will be staying in the airport area. Our son and his family live in Gahanna.
Schmidt’s sounds good

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Thurman’s cafe.

There’s a very good grilled cheese place called Melt.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Although I haven't taught up there in a couple years...retirement has it's downsides Wink, I'd suggest Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant as well.

Hoffbrau Schnitzel...or Weiner Schnitzel, each is the size of a dinner plate Eek...ask for Spätzel und extra gravy Big Grin

Haus Saurbraten is excellent.

If you are into sausage...even if you're not, the Old World Sausage Sampler is really good.

Potato Soup...great as well.

Check out the bakery display when you walk in...you'll want to take something...Cream Puffs, home Big Grin.....

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hft119:
Will be staying in the airport area. Our son and his family live in Gahanna.

Super Chef's has a second location in Gahanna.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Thurman Cafe in German Village. Best burger I've ever had.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that they opened an Old Bag of Nails in Gahanna and a Hickory House.

Back in the day it seemed like I lived at the Old Bag of Nails in Worthington. It has been about 3 years now, but my old reserve unit used to do a lot of events at the VFW in Gahanna and we used to hit the Old Bag of Nails for lunch.

I also see that they have a Hickory House in Gahanna. When we lived on the west side we always went to lunch at the one in Reynolds burg. I wonder if they are still as good as I remember.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post