SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2nd Worst President turns 100 today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2nd Worst President turns 100 today. Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Carter was a dolt. He set the stage for American weakness but Biden has worked to surpass him. Who in hell votes for these people?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4377 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Among other disasters, Carter gave us Bill Clinton and radical Islamic Iran. Perhaps he bumbled his way into it, perhaps not. I think after the average statistical life span, secret service protection has little value.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29923 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Carter never seemed like he was evil, unlike some we have today, he was in way over his head.

I would not put him as low as 2nd worst. There are 2 since 2000 who are worse.

I think LBJ was worse, too. He managed to destroy the black nuclear family and buy the black vote to dems for generations. That was his goal he explicitly stated. I hope that son of a bitch is burning in hell.

Posts: 13321 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Carter's ranking slipped to # three thanks to Obama and Biden

They are definitely worse than Carter. FDR and LBJ are right there with them, in my opinion. Both used national crises to hurl us into the nanny state and usher us toward totalitarianism.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Carter should have stuck to peanuts.

IMO, the only reason Carter won the election was due to Ford's pardoning of Nixon. The country (and the world) didn't need the trial of an American president, and Ford could see this. Too bad the country couldn't see it.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
His FU of the Iran Hostage crisis showed his extremely weak leadership.

He sent Delta Force. I don't think a helicopter crash is his fault.
What did Reagan do after the '83 bombing in Lebanon?

FDR did far more do undermine this country long term than Carter. LBJ?
Carter is an idiot but far from the worst.

Agree about FDR. Many rate him as great for "getting us out of the depression." But at a terrible cost, long term. He embedded so much government spending. Even more damaging, he started the idea that Uncle Sugar owes you a living. In the long run, he screwed us.

LBJ accelerated that process, but you have to lay it at FDR's feet.

I have long thought that in the greater scheme of things, FDR was the worst.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53262 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Agree about FDR. Many rate him as great for "getting us out of the depression."...

I completely agree. And if you go back and look at GDP growth in the 1930s, each time the economy began to resurge on its own, FDR slapped another form of tax increase on the American people and killed the growth. The same can be said for Hoover and Smoot-Hawley. Hoover/FDR took what was likely a severe, shorter term recession and created the Depression themselves. Their economic practices were the equivalent of using leeches and bloodletting to cure a sick patient. FDR, all the time increasing the dosage (more government), telling the patient they are going to get well one day.

Posts: 8924 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post