SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Zipline Drone Delivery In Action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zipline Drone Delivery In Action Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted
Video from youtube, showing drone delivery of medical supplies:

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Watched this yesterday. I really like Mike Rober's videos. I'm glad Rwanda has taken to using the Zipline system so effectively. While it's apparently active in the U.S., I've never heard of it until watching this video. And it's been made apparent from previous posts here that some--or a majority--of people in the fly-over states may not take too kindly to such services in their vicinity. We'll see how things shake out..

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18032 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's way cool! I really like the catapult launch and tailhook capture process.

I learned a while back about the Wing drone-delivery service, and have seen a couple of their drones in flight. The geek in me really loves this technology.

God bless America.

Posts: 13531 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We love watching Rober’s videos.
That was a good one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25467 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20870 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post