SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    King Charles' new portrait, Holy Moly!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

King Charles' new portrait, Holy Moly! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If Harry had done something like that the British media would have melted down .

Posts: 4116 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jonathan Yeo explains: "Primarily a symbol of the beauty and precariousness of nature, it highlights the environmental causes the King has championed most of his life and certainly long before they became a mainstream conversation, but it also serves a compositional purpose, providing a visual contrast to the military steeliness of the uniform and sword. In the context of art history, a butterfly often the symbol of metamorphosis and rebirth, and thus also parallels the King’s transition from Prince to monarch during the period the portrait was created"

Roll Eyes

Posts: 28113 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its still trash

Tac - whats the response from GB on this?

Posts: 53364 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
its still trash

Tac - whats the response from GB on this?

I can only surmise from the few UK-based fora I frequent where it is mentioned.

Some think it's awful, others think it's f*ckin' awful

Posts: 11368 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that confirms my suspicions

thanks Tac

I still have the photo of myself and HRH Prince Phillip on the wall - a reminder of better days gone by

Posts: 53364 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post

I'm really surprised such a tradition bound institution actually went along with something that is like a bad caricature from Dante's Inferno.

Posts: 12504 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:

thanks Tac

I still have the photo of myself and HRH Prince Phillip on the wall - a reminder of better days gone by

A good man, gone. He was Colonel-in-Chief of my bit of the Army - one of the few people who could ever wear a green beret as though he knew how to do it.

Posts: 11368 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

quote:
Jonathan Yeo explains: "Blah blah, blah. Blahhh-bla.....

Posts: 9221 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

thanks Tac

A good man, gone. He was Colonel-in-Chief of my bit of the Army - one of the few people who could ever wear a green beret as though he knew how to do it.

I have a friend who was in his company at the Royal Windsor Horseshow in '94. To this day he tells the story of how his new buddy "Phil" - 72 at the time - drank him under the table.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3504 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone didn't like the portrait, for sure...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/life...b99901104063da&ei=28

Posts: 3249 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post