SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    are there custom flash light companies?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

are there custom flash light companies? Login/Join 
posted
we have custom holster maker's, belt maker's, gun maker's and grip panel maker's.

Shouldn't there be a fella some where that will provide a questionnaire about the hip light that you require, and from the info you provide.

for a $35.00 fee, he could 3-d print up the light and mail it too you for your approval ( w/o the internals of course) .

then when you send him a $130.00 partial contract fee, he would build the thing with the lumens you want , with or w/o cree tech, and the switches you want , and where you want them , using the battery or batteries you stipulated.

seems like a business opportunity, to me

or even if you wanted him to modify a streamlight , surefire or what ever , he would quote you a price and then modify it for you.

I nominate phpaul Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
What you seek already exists! Tell me how many of those lottery thousands you want to put down on a light, and we can find you someone that can make it happen for you!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Custom/

https://jc-customflashlights.com/

https://www.tek-tite.com/produ...ld+a+Flashlight+Kits

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I just bought a couple of lights from a guy that takes mass produced flashlights and replaces the electronics, LEDs, and sometimes optics to make them higher performance. On a lot of them you can choose between a variety of LEDs, and he does custom finishing. He will mod a specific flashlight he doesn't normally offer for you if you want, but it will be expensive.

www.skylumen.com

I have one in my pocket right now - a tiny titanium light that takes one AA-sized lithium ion battery and will briefly put out almost 1000 lumens before it heats up and the output steps down.

There are some folks out there doing from-scratch custom lights, but they are priced similarly to custom knives (high three to low four figures).

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Check out Malkoff Devices. He has some cool stuff, some customizable. He also will make some to order.

https://malkoffdevices.com/

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply's

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post