SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida Man ends Florida Man's murderous attack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Man ends Florida Man's murderous attack Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.miamiherald.com/ne...rticle267817152.html

‘Brutal’ attack on pregnant woman at Publix ends when witness pulls gun, Florida cops say BY TANASIA KENNEY UPDATED OCTOBER 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Miami Herald, sorry.

"A bystander drew his gun on a man accused of beating and stomping on his pregnant girlfriend outside a Publix super market, ending the “brutal” attack, Florida deputies say. The incident occurred around 5:15 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, in the parking lot of the Largo grocery store, according to an arrest affidavit. The woman told Pinellas County deputies that her boyfriend, Cole Danisment, 27, got angry and punched her in the face repeatedly. She fell to the ground, and Danisment is then accused of stomping on her head and upper body. The woman told deputies that Danisment knew she was 14 weeks pregnant with his unborn child. A man who witnessed the attack said he feared for the woman’s life, prompting him to intervene. Danisment didn’t stop brutalizing the woman until the witness pulled a gun on him, according to the affidavit.
Danisment was charged with aggravated domestic battery and booked into the Pinellas County Jail, where he remains held on a $20,000 bond as of Tuesday, Oct. 25, online records show. Largo is about 20 miles southwest of Tampa."

"A good guy with a gun and a concealed carry license saw the attack in progress and intervened. Cops say when the boyfriend figured out he was about to meet his maker to answer for his sins, he behaved in a more civilized manner until police arrived and applied a complimentary set of bracelets to the baby daddy."

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....utside-publix-store/

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I think I would have shot him.

Not being a internet tough guy, just too old to tangle with a 27 year old guy who is so angry that after he beats his girlfriend to the ground he stomps on her. I could not have ignored it and walked by, and once i decided that her life was in danger there is only one outcome. Trying to hold someone at gun point has it’s own dangers.

Fortunately, FL law is on our side.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Good for the bystander for getting involved, he may have saved her life and the baby's life.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kept Bum
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt in my mind that I would have shot to kill.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth.".....Chief Joseph

https://pbase.com/shellyva/image/171613535

Posts: 88 | Location: Out there, somewhere | Registered: May 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kept Bum:

You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the threat. Death might be the end result of that shooting.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If he doesn't pose a threat to you and you shoot him, be prepared to be cuffed, stuffed and prosecuted.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
If he doesn't pose a threat to you and you shoot him, be prepared to be cuffed, stuffed and prosecuted.

Wrong.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe in your state.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Kept Bum:

You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the threat. Death might be the end result of that shooting.

This is a good point to bring up. Sometimes what you do is not as important as how you explain it.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Good for the bystander for getting involved, he may have saved her life and the baby's life.

Unfortunately, the normal pattern would be for her to now say he really isn't a bad guy and I really do love him, and perhaps do whatever she can to thwart the prosecution.

Posts: 9544 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Let us hope she leaves him for good.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31484 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This appears to be the guys Facebook page since the photo matches his mugshot.

Ignore his apparent inability to spell and give it a quick read and see if it provides any hints to his behavior.

Real classy guy.

https://www.facebook.com/cole.danisment.1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9544 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:

Maybe in your state.

OKay, so maybe you're saying if he poses a threat to someone else, you can, but that's as far as it goes in any state.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not in Arkansas. Arkansas law allows for the use of deadly force to defend yourself or another from imminent serious bodily injury or death.

This took place in Florida, and Florida's deadly force law is worded almost exactly the same:

quote:
A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

Similarly, your own home state of Arizona's deadly force laws also include a section specifically allowing the use of deadly force in defense of another person:

quote:
A person is justified in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force against another to protect a third person if:

1. Under the circumstances as a reasonable person would believe them to be, such person would be justified under section 13-404 or 13-405 in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force to protect himself against the unlawful physical force or deadly physical force a reasonable person would believe is threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and

2. A reasonable person would believe that such person’s intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

I'd recommend getting with a local concealed carry/self defense instructor to get a refresher on your state's laws.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Due to the laws in some states, that's why good people are afraid to intervene. You would have the government prosecuting you, the dirtbag family suing you in civil court, and the "victim" sides with him against you and refuses to cooperate in order to charge him.

I know the people here want to do the right thing and help others. But sometimes people are in a situation because they want to be.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:

Maybe in your state.

OKay, so maybe you're saying if he poses a threat to someone else, you can, but that's as far as it goes in any state.

Wrong again. Texas code:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
No way would I pull a pistol without taking control. I'd start barking orders such as to force him face down onto the ground, hands behind his head. If he doesn't comply, shoot him center mass until he does anyway. If he seems hopped up enough to ignore that, shoot him as close to the brain stem as I can manage until he is stopped.

As someone else said, waiting around or worse ignoring this is a non starter. Indifference to something like this is a worse path than any single assault charge. We have to take back our societal humanity in this country. And malcontents out there need to know it. Criminals need to fear the public. We got a long path to reestablishing the bluff that police departments had for so long.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the backdrop were part of the hero’s decision making when not pulling the trigger.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Not in Arkansas. Arkansas law allows for the use of deadly force to defend yourself or another from imminent serious bodily injury or death.

This took place in Florida, and Florida's deadly force law is worded almost exactly the same:

quote:
A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

Similarly, your own home state of Arizona's deadly force laws also include a section specifically allowing the use of deadly force in defense of another person:

quote:
A person is justified in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force against another to protect a third person if:

1. Under the circumstances as a reasonable person would believe them to be, such person would be justified under section 13-404 or 13-405 in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force to protect himself against the unlawful physical force or deadly physical force a reasonable person would believe is threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and

2. A reasonable person would believe that such person’s intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

I'd recommend getting with a local concealed carry/self defense instructor to get a refresher on your state's laws.

Why? I already stated that in some states you can protect a 3rd person. I know we're one but I also know it's not true in all states. I also know that the instructors in the 2 different CC courses I attended here stated that you'd better be very sure before you intervene on others behalf. One of them was one of our most prominent and successful firearm lawyers.

Perhaps you'd better get a course in logic.

Just trying to show us how bright you are? You're failing.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:

I already stated that in some states you can protect a 3rd person. I know we're one but I also know it's not true in all states. I also know that the instructors in the 2 different CC courses I attended here stated that you'd better be very sure before you intervene on others behalf.

Can you give us an example of a state where a person can not use deadly force to protect a third person from death or great bodily injury?

As for being very sure before you intervene, that is excellent advice. Things are not always as they appear. For example, the person you are wanting to defend may have been the initial aggressor.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post