Find
Notify
Tools

Moving east Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
After 21 years in Northern California, we are getting out and headed to western North Carolina. Since I’ve been here, I’ve watched this once fine and thriving pro business state, turn into a seas-pool of political and social deviance and corruption. I’ve watched my taxes skyrocket, while my liberties are being eroded and attacked. I voted, I supported 2A causes, I stood up at town hall meeting, I even sat down with my congressman one on one. But the reality is, California is lost.

I can’t buy guns I want, it takes a background check to purchase ammo, and the last gun shop I went to had a sign that read, “no concealed carry allowed.”

We sold our home and leave in 8 days. Liberty is a fragile thing, and much too important to me to spend one more week without it.

So to my new compatriots in NC; please don’t shoot, I am one of you!

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2227 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for you. Have a safe move and enjoy your freedom.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Morganton here. Welcome to our fair state!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3637 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish you good luck.

I live in Virginia near the NC border, so NC events are on the local news. Unfortunately, both VA and NC are merrily rolling down the CA trendline.

I hope your future vote will help keep freedom alive.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a hint-dump the CA license plates as soon as possible.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Good for you.

We just moved from Mass to the Greenville area of SC 3 weeks ago for some of the same reasons.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4604 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
When people ask me where I'm from.....in a very low voice I admit California.
But then in a louder voice "I moved here to get away from THOSE PEOPLE".

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your impending escape from Kalifornistan!

Former New Jermany resident here and proud to say, I escaped 20+ years ago! I'd always tell people I just had to get the hell out, and honestly every time I visit (still have two brothers there), I know EXACTLY why I left!

Live Free or Die! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Nick,

Congratulations on escaping. I grew up in NC on the coast and went back to school after Navy and lived there for a number of years. Still have family and property there. I’ve lived all over and in US in Hawaii, Kalifornia, CT, and 9+ long years in the people’s republic of NY (PA was a refreshing change in the 2nd Amendment world). I feel your pain. NC is a beautiful state. Keep in mind that liberal osmosis is occurring in NC also. Some say Cary is likely the epicenter of the liberalism, but strong pockets also exist in Western NC and Charlotte. The result of their inclusion is generally reflected by higher taxes/fees, new laws/fees/permits for anything that generates revenue and a slow shift to the left. But it’s light years better than living in CA, and you can use a real magazine now.

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Do you now qualify for a gun from 12131?

Posts: 5681 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Good for you.

We just moved from Mass to the Greenville area of SC 3 weeks ago for some of the same reasons.

Bob

Coming from a “liberal camp” state, I plan on being An active voice in the preservation of liberty in my new home.

Posts: 2227 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

YES!!

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sorry Dude, 'Q' shut that thread down recently...

Mods, please lock thread.
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935%2Fm%2F7310088124

I have decided to end it. Thanks.

Remember why you're movin'....This wasn't it! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

I think that 12131 discontinued that program recently.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Bon Voyage M'fers.

semper deinceps

Posts: 40 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Rural NC is about as conservative as you can get. And there are some very rural areas.

The damned cities though...

Sound familiar?

Welcome to NC, that aside. It’s a lot like California in some ways. Except the waves and mountains are smaller lol

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Good for You! I escaped New Jerseys ridiculous laws and taxes forty years s back. I don't regret my move, I doubt you will either.

Ditch the Cali plates ASAP and add a Trump 2020 to the rear bumper.

Good luck.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
As a former resident of the Peoples Republic of Washington State ruled by Kim Jong Inslee, I can relate! Good job!! Cool

If you're near Lake Norman, my wife's cousin runs the Lake Norman Brewery - check it out, it's awesome!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dzozer,

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least you're moving to a state where your vote can reinforce those who value freedom and more importantly prevent NC from sliding to blue. GA and FL are in similar predicaments.

Posts: 15085 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been here in NC for over 20 years, and it was loads better than NY. I have spent significant time west of Charlotte, climbing, hiking, and on the roads - some great wilderness.

Drop a line if you ever want information on Cities or Counties in that part of the State.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post