SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Getting ready for eye surgery... need some experienced help...please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting ready for eye surgery... need some experienced help...please Login/Join 
posted
This is my predicament....I have to learn to sleep on my back during recovery. Problem is I have always been a side/belly sleeper. Any suggestions or techniques welcome!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had same issue w LASIK 15 years ago.
All resolved w a couple of doses of Diazepam.
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those bed wedge pillows. Get two. Prop yourself up enough and it is a lot more comfortable to sleep on your back and it also makes it really difficult to roll over on your side. I’m a side sleeper and had a surgery where I was cut from my sternum to my pubis right down the middle and those pillows were the only way I could sleep or get myself up off the bed.

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A comfortable recliner worked for me when I couldn't sleep on my side a few years back.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of eye surgery?

If the danger is disturbing the eye, wear an eye shield.

My doctor gave me a crappy one when I had LASIK and I wrinkled the cornea, I was lucky with an easy fix with no further problems.

When I had cataract surgery they gave me a hard eye shield to tape to my face.

No way I was going to move anything moving around with that taped over my eye.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surgery is cataracts and corneal implants, I need to sleep on my back for the implants, so they float to the surface. I see the the Doc in January so maybe he'll have some advice. Surgery won't be till second half of March. Damn I only have 2, got to have hope!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post