SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where are the new GM Canyon and Colorado trucks hiding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are the new GM Canyon and Colorado trucks hiding Login/Join 
posted
Try finding a selection of these two models at dealers anywhere. Dealers around here have gobs of the full size trucks but almost none of the midsize trucks. Talking to dealer sales people gets no information or explanation. Somebody has to know. This would include both 2022 and 2023 models.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gene Hillman,

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbors lease on his Silverado is ending and he wanted to replace it with a Colorado. He was told they are unavailable.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16131 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I hope Big Swede drops in on this thread, he works in the industry.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
I see many thousands of them, and I really mean thousands of them parked in two different 3rd party storage lots in my vicinity. Every day, car haulers are bringing them in and every now and then I see some being taken out. After 4 years, they still can't get their chip situation figured out apparently.

Toyota is no better. Their dealer lot here is basically empty of everything and they don't seem to make any attempt to bring in revenue by selling more used cars, like I see with other dealer lots.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 580 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local lot had 3 last weekend. White, silver and the zr2 Silverado comic book blue. Nice enough trucks, but I am waiting for some higher mileage engines to see how this turbo 4 is gonna be for long duration/high mileage. I'm not impressed that they're all crewcabs either.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2750 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think dealers are really loving this situation. Buyers come in and buy with little haggle and dealers get top dollar. I don't know if it will ever go back to what it used to be.

Posts: 12745 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our local Chevy dealer has zero Colorados or Canyons on their lot. A few Silverados or a GMC and that is it. They used to have twenty new trucks but not since covid.

I have a 2019 Colorado Redline edition and that is without a doubt the nicest truck I have ever owned...and I've owned a lot over my lifetime.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’d like to know where ANY new cars and trucks are hiding. Around here it seems like there’s very few new cars on dealer lots anymore and all used stuff.

It’s like everyone has become CarMax and that’s just the new reality. Cars that are 3, 4 and 5 years old with crazy high prices on them.

WTH is going on?

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I think dealers are really loving this situation. Buyers come in and buy with little haggle and dealers get top dollar. I don't know if it will ever go back to what it used to be.

The auto market is extremely cyclical.. Soon they will be begging for buyers and they can shove their dealer premiums up their ass sideways.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’d like to know where ANY new cars and trucks are hiding. Around here it seems like there’s very few new cars on dealer lots anymore and all used stuff.

It’s like everyone has become CarMax and that’s just the new reality. Cars that are 3, 4 and 5 years old with crazy high prices on them.

WTH is going on?

They are being made, tens of thousands of them a day. There is still extreme flux in the supply for manufacturers. Some real, some because they don't want to pay the current prices. Trucking is a disaster. Parts are behind.

All the outsourcing and just in time logistics everyone came to so love over the last decade doesn't work so well when there are even small disruptions, let alone the epic clusterfuck the global governments allowed to happen over the last 3 years.

Your average car has thousands of parts coming from all over the world. And the way they are assembled in the plant doesn't allow for disruptions. You run out of green parts, you have to shut off green production, and that fucks the entire flow of the plant.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I saw a new Colorado on the road this morning. I45S around FM1960 in N Houston. Not a bad looking truck.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15389 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Back in January I decided to look into getting a new truck. There were a few Colorado and Canyon trucks, all were 2022 models but not a whole lot of selection. The 2023 trucks weren't due out until the end of March 2023. At the same time, we just got 3 new Tahoes at work and they were a disaster: 2 of the 3 immediately went back to the dealer for fluid leaks and the 3rd went back for serious transmission issues. So not a good advertisement for Chevy and GM products. All three of the new Tahoes have been back to the dealer for numerous issues. One in fact has been towed so many times, we were calling it a boat instead of an SUV.

I looked at the Nissan Frontier, nice truck but has a horrendous turning radius.The big thing was the only ones in stock at every Nissan dealer within 100 miles were jacked up with dealer installed options, putting the price close to if not over $50k......no way for me.

I went to a Toyota dealership, no Tacomas in stock but I was able to test drive a 2021 Tacoma Sport they had on the lot. So I put a deposit down on a 2023 Tacoma TRD Offroad with most of what I wanted on it that was due in early February 2023. I got almost what I paid for it on my trade in and picked the Tacoma up in the first week of February 2023 (all in St. Louis can thank me, as since then not one flake of snow has fallen and stuck to the pavement Cool). I put on a front camera, ditch lights, seat jackers (with molle panel), and a swing out cargo box in the bed, along with a tri-folding tonneau cover (too old and crippled to spider monkey climb into a truck bed under a shell).

My review on the 2023 Toyota Tacoma: LOVE IT!

I am glad I bought it with the V6 engine. I want to see some long term reviews on the turbo 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engines. Gas mileage wise, I am seeing very similar numbers from the new turbo trucks (the Ford Ranger gets a bit better gas mileage than mine) as what I am getting with my old V6. Some of the more honest towing reviews on the new trucks are showing transmission fluid overheating issues.

Posts: 3957 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you think those trucks are scarce, try finding a Ford Maverick. There are basically none to be had, as effectively the entire (admittedly smaller) annual production run was gobbled up by pre-orders months ago.

It's so bad that used 2022 Mavericks are selling for ~$4k over the list price of a new 2023, purely because they can actually be obtained now versus months/a year from now.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

It's so bad that used 2022 Mavericks are selling for ~$4k over the list price of a new 2023, purely because they can actually be obtained now versus months/a year from now.

FIL has a 2016 V-6 Honda Accord sedan he bought a year or so old in 2017. Started looking at getting something else and was astonished to hear he’d get MORE for it right now than he’d paid in 2017. The only problem of course is what he wants, Acura SUV, are really hard to come by.

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
So I’m on my second Canyon. I leased the original model in 15, and am in an 18 now that I’ll probably purchase this month until I decide on something later in the year or top of next year. My brother is a long time department head at a sizable GMC dealership and pretty close friends with the long time sale manager. When my extended lease ended in November, they had just announced the new Canyons the month or two before with that early spring release date of March. So I called him to tell him I was interested in getting the new one if we could extend my lease 2-3 more months until they arrived.

He said, “talk to “Sam”, he knows more than what GM is saying publicly”. Sam immediately said (back in November mind you) “Man that’s not gonna happen for you in that time frame. I saw the big reveal presentation too and saw them quoting March and saying reservation orders would being at the end of that week (back in October) so as soon as it was over I called my contact at GM to discuss ordering some. My guy told me right away, Sam that’s not happening. We are so backed up with chip shortages and the like, you won’t be seeing anything in bulk before early fall at the earliest.”

Also I was leaning to the ATx4 model and again Sam told me “Bro don’t even bother. You think it was overpriced at $57k last year? My guy said atx4 pricing will be around $67k this year.” Again this was before they ever mentioned pricing publicly. I halted my plans right there. Anyway that’s right from the horse’s mouth, which seems to be inline with what we’ve seen.

I know they are probably trickling out because I saw Andre at TFL Truck has a Colorado, but even that was his local dealership who they, as a very popular automobile review channel, buy and trade many vehicles with, reached out to him to make it happen.

Posts: 588 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We have sold quite a few, plenty inbound, you would probably need to reserve one on the way or order.

Posts: 5360 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just get a Silverado, you'll pay a similar price and end up with more room inside and bigger payload capability,

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Just get a Silverado, you'll pay a similar price and end up with more room inside and bigger payload capability,

You might have the right idea. I really like the size of my 2016 Colorado but I'm skeptical of getting a turbo 4 cylinder pick-up. I still like cubic inches in a truck.
I have no doubt that the 4 cylinder will run just fine .... until it doesn't....jmo.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post