SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chefs please step inside: If I die, it was the cornbread muffins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chefs please step inside: If I die, it was the cornbread muffins Login/Join 
Picture of bob ramberg
posted
Do I have a bad egg? I'm making a batch of cornbread muffins for dinner, from a mix. It called for one egg. All mixed up and in the oven. Then I look in the shell and see what looks like a little blood and maybe a very very small vein.

Should I be worried and toss the muffins or am I good to go?

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1370 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This article says you're safe but picked up a little rooster DNA

If you start dropping a wing and dancing in a circle (aka rooster's mating dance for a hen) you should go see a veterinarian.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23317 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
You gonna die.

Send the the cornbread to:
dsiets
GR, MI 49546

Posts: 7375 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

If you start dropping a wing and dancing in a circle (aka rooster's mating dance for a hen) you should go see a veterinarian.

Or hook up w/ this chick.

Posts: 7375 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
thanks all. I'm going for it.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1370 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blood spot. It's not all that uncommon. I would be more than happy to try the corn muffins. You know just because I'm so concerned about your welfare!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'm more concerned about you having cornbread "from a mix". Martha White can help you out with that.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I have your guns? Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9177 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The buttermilk and warm bacon grease will counteract any "imperfections" in that egg Razz...if this were not true I would have died as a child.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they taste good?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did we read the same article?

quote:
A red spot of blood in a chicken egg is actually a ruptured blood vessel. Each egg contains blood vessels that will eventually become lifelines to the developing embryo if that egg is fertilized and subsequently incubated.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
Go check your truck to see if there's a stray pound of cheese. It's wonderful grated on top.

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Still alive and chicken, I mean kick'n --- Pluck me, Pluck me

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
You may have survived the corn bread but, you have become a real slut!

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike the Texan:
Go check your truck to see if there's a stray pound of cheese. It's wonderful grated on top.

I wonder just how many members remember that "episode"? Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
My grandmother used to make the best cornbread muffins. One of the foods I miss most. Hot out of the oven with a big pat of melting REAL butter. Yum!

I am diabetic, and stuff made with corn meal sends my blood sugar skyrocketing. So no cornbread or tortilla chips anymore.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post