SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The college football season doesn't matter........
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The college football season doesn't matter........ Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
What about 0 loss teams who weren't selected for the final four?
Pretty damn unsatisfactory if you are a UCF player/coach/alumni.

I'll wait and see how they handle their bowl foe this year, Auburn ... a 3 loss SEC team, before giving them creed

Posts: 4842 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being an OSU fan, I still can't claim I think they belong in the top four. I didn't think they belonged last year, which was proven out and I don't think they do this year either. And as much as I hate Alabama, they are better than OSU this year.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They pick the 4 best teams.

A case could be made for OSU.

PAC 12 - really? Not on the same level.

Let's see what happens with USC plays Ohio State.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
What about 0 loss teams who weren't selected for the final four?
Pretty damn unsatisfactory if you are a UCF player/coach/alumni.

I'll wait and see how they handle their bowl foe this year, Auburn ... a 3 loss SEC team, before giving them creed

Yes, Auburn has a defense. UCF is a great story - but they will be competing on a completely different stage against Auburn.

Not a chance in hell UCF is a top four team.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Until they blend the eye candy with on the field conference results will it be right IMO.

5 conference winners + 3 at large bids = 8 team playoff.

Done.

The big money still follows the traditional big programs in the current situation.

0:01

Posts: 4286 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
The solution is realizing there isn't one

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post