SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MSA Sordin Pro-X
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSA Sordin Pro-X Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Best ear muffs I have ever had.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried a set, they don't seem to fit my "punkin sized head" right.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I'd like to add a question if the OP doesn't mind - how well do they stay in place when you're shooting a rifle or a shotgun?

Unless you have the unit right up against the firearm, you should be good.

Some people prefer the over the head, some prefer the behind the head. I have both, and both seem to work fine.

Ulsterman - if you want to try out a set, send me an email with your contact. I can send a set out for you to "try before you buy".

Thanks for the offer but a friend uses them and loaned me his. We went to the range. The electronics are fine but they just don't seem to fit my melon right.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X and they are the best. Highly recommended.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like the electronics but they aren't comfortable for me. I'm trying them again over the next couple of days.

posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the recommendations but the Sordins just don't fit me comfortably.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
TBH I'm starting to question the way the concept is being executed. $300 more or less for these and for their direct competitors, but the same complaints keep popping up in the various reviews out there - fit, comfort and so-so noise level reduction ("they're great, but I always wear foam plugs under them!"). Meanwhile the manufacturers go to the time, expense and trouble of making them...Bluetooth compatible. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The ONLY weapon I have that requires foam under the Sordins is my SCAR 17 with the muzzle brake. That thing is so fargin loud it'd wake the dead (I can't wait until my Sandman L gets here).

Every other rifle and pistol that I shoot is a very pleasant experience. No issues at all and very comfortable to wear all day long if need be.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like footwear, one brand/style DOES NOT fit all. n Head size/shape, ear size/shape, how the material used feels against your skin...all factors.

As tatortodd pointed out, there's a lot more electronic ear pro available than there was 10-years ago. Howard Leight and ProTec have upped their assortments in this market.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will put on the for sale ads. I'll determine a price and unload them.

Thanks for all the input.