SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MSA Sordin Pro-X
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSA Sordin Pro-X Login/Join 
posted
Just won a set in a raffle. From the reviews, the must be very good. Anyone have a set?

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a pair of them as well as the prior ones prior to digital. In my opinion, they are among the best out there. I've never needed to put on plugs underneath.

I can hear what someone is saying without interruption when someone fires off a big gun nearby - even in an inside range.

I'd recommend you give them a try - I think you'll like them.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Think I'll leave them boxed up for awhile .

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'd like to add a question if the OP doesn't mind - how well do they stay in place when you're shooting a rifle or a shotgun?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are still new in the box. I am using the Howard Leight 30db ones know and am happy.

posted Hide Post
The sooner you open the box and put the Sordins to use, the sooner you'll realize how much better they are than what you're using now.

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think I'll borrow a pair and try them first.

I appreciate the opinions.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Think I'll borrow a pair and try them first.

I appreciate the opinions.

They're your's right? Why would you borrow a pair and try them first?

And I, too, have and use them. You won't find anything better IMO.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I don't like them, I still have a set new in the box I can move on down the road.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Gotcha. I doubt you won't like them though.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what they said about the Beretta 92, Remington 870 police and the Dodge Daytona Turbo's.

None of which I like.

Smile

posted Hide Post
Best hearing pro on the market.

Get the gel ear-seals if they don't come with them. Wearing them after several hours or, when it's hot, they're a whole lot better than the standard plastic/foam seals.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I'd like to add a question if the OP doesn't mind - how well do they stay in place when you're shooting a rifle or a shotgun?

Unless you have the unit right up against the firearm, you should be good.

Some people prefer the over the head, some prefer the behind the head. I have both, and both seem to work fine.

Ulsterman - if you want to try out a set, send me an email with your contact. I can send a set out for you to "try before you buy".

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't echo the other comments enough, best ear protection I've ever used and comfortable with the gel seals (expect to pay about $30-40 for them).

I do double up at indoor ranges, but shoot trap without problem.

Good luck with your decision!

Posts: 237 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ll give you $30 for them...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I’ll give you $30 for them...

I bet you would. Smile

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have a 2018 pair and my thieving assed movers have a 10 year old pair

EDIT: For the context of this thread, there are a lot more electronic hearing protections on the market today compared to 10 years ago. The Sordins were worth replacing with Sordins as they’re still the worth the premium price.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I have a 2018 pair and my thieving assed movers have a 10 year old pair

I lost a box of duty holsters and belts to movers.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks, SigSAC.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair of the older ones, Sordin Supremes. The electronics are impressive, but the ears only attenuate outside noise about 22db, IIRC, and that rating is for continuous noise, not impulse. That's pretty good for outside use, but I find I have to double up shooting indoors, even with the gel ear cups, and that defeats some of the advantage of the great electronics.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post