SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Observatory is Built...Big Picture Warning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Observatory is Built...Big Picture Warning Login/Join 
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Wish I had the space and money to install one in my back yard. Looks great.

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What kind of telescope are you installing?

Thanks for the pics!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
right now (for the next few months) I will be using my Vixen APO which is portable. But ultimately I am looking at getting a 16" astrograph with the intent of getting into digital astrophotography

going to start easy and work my way up to more difficult targets - the learning curve is pretty steep, and the equipment costs can start to go ballistic - so one step at a time

will start with stacked black and white, get comfortable with that. Then will do stacked black and white through color filters to generate the color images.

I will take it as far as I can

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And I thought looking at the moon through my TA31 was cool....

Congratulations and good work. It really is nice to see people investing themselves into things they love.

I am jealous.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very cool

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Now GO GET MY GODDAMN PHONBOOK!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12422 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
nice!

dome must be heavy, i see a lil' roof sag

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I have one in my 3 year plan for construction.

Want to attend my build party?
Big Grin

Looks great!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
That's cool as hell!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the sag isn't from the weight of the dome - I can actually rotate the dome using one finger - its that well supported

the sag is from the HDPE flashing that forms part of the roof line - it needs to be adjusted quite a bit on 3 of the four sides - I may end up getting rid of it if I can't get it to fit right

it is a bit of an eyesore when I look at it

waiting for the paint to dry on the inside and hop to get the second coat applied this week

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of np149
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is so cool! Every time I read one of these posts, it makes me want to drag my stuff out of storage and play. Maybe some day. Keep posting in the meantime. I need to live vicariously!

Posts: 236 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
WOW!
AWESOME!

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Nice! Really looking forward to seeing some of your photos of the heavens.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I would love something like that - I'm getting too old to move my C8 anymore.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Really cool - my 12 year old was really interested when I showed him. He has a little telescope he likes looking at the stars with. This is a whole other level! Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Very Nice.
So what's the name of the Observatory?

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Wow, very cool. Cant wait to see some pics!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post