SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Enclosed/Cargo/Car Trailer Experts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Enclosed/Cargo/Car Trailer Experts? Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
I'm shopping for a 24 foot enclosed trailer to be used for a variety of things. At this point there's a roughly 8 month lead time to have what I really would want built, and I need something a bit sooner.

Looking for high(er) quality, but not extremely high end. Looked at the Wells Cargo Wagon HD and Haulmark Grizzly (both companies owned by same parent company). $10-$15K range.

Anybody here own either of these, or something else worth considering? Will be used moderately for commercial service, so nothing lightweight, entry level, or that will fall apart in the first year.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15723 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'd looked at buying one of these Spartan Trailers some time ago and they were pretty nice. I also looked at Wells Cargo and felt they were living too much on their name as opposed to the product they're currently turning out.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We had a tandem axle Cargo Craft Elite, 7x12 with a 6ft door opening/ramp.
Used primarily for my wife's clothing boutique at the time & it fit 6 loaded rolling clothing racks. Towed well & came in very handy when we moved (avoided needing a uhaul truck).

At the time, we were in the same boat with a 6-8 week lead time from a few other local trailer lots. Found a dealer with this one in stock.

Served its purpose well & sold for almost what we paid for it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15359 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATC for all aluminum, top of the line trailer.

Sure Trac also seems to make a high quality trailer.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not an expert, but I have a 6x12 Haulmark (I think it's a 2004) single-axle that I got used. It was owned by a couple of companies before me from what I can tell from the artifacts of former decals on the sides. One was a power washing company, so I assume they used it pretty hard. We use it as a camper, and have done cross country trip with it, so it's not hauling a lot of weight but it gets a lot of miles and some over rough terrain.

I insulted mine and ripped out the luan paneling in the process, replacing it with 3/8" plywood. It added weight but gave me enough rigidity to attach things to the walls. I've had no problems with it except for a broken spring last year. I didn't even notice it until we were getting ready to leave on our next trip and I was inspecting the tires and saw it was sitting kinda funny. Apparently I'd driven it like that for a ways because the tire on that side was showing uneven wear. Swapping out the spring took less time than it did to source the parts, and we put about 5k on it last year with no further problems.

Posts: 8606 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post