SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cell phone isurance question for S22 ultra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone isurance question for S22 ultra Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
I want to cover my new @900 $ phone with insurance that will replace it with a new one if lost stolen or broken. I was hoping my homeowners would cover that but USAA disagrees.
Any suggestions as to EASY and reliable insurance that is not to expensive?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Your cell phone provider likely offers a device protection plan.

I've had Samsung Galaxy phones on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint all within the last decade or so, and all three of those did.

There's usually a defined window (like the first 30 days) within which you can active a protection plan on a new device.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I've had Samsung Galaxy phones on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint all within the last decade or so, and all three of those did.

There's usually a defined window (like the first 30 days) within which you can active a protection plan on a new device.

I buy a plan like that from T-mobile for my S-21.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
From your carrier or credit card, just be sure to check details. Some have large deductibles.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Squaretrade. easy. affordable.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
These folks have been great, and yes I have actually used them for a claim. Much less $$ than what your carrier will charge you.

https://upsie.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Just be careful with those. Lots of companies (Sprint used to, and I'm not certain if they still do) use third party companies, namely, Asurion, for their coverage. Most of the time you will get a refurbished phone, and NOT refurbished by the manufacturer.

Sometimes, this isn't a big deal. Sometimes it is.

My wife, before she was my wife but we were just dating, had this issue with an Apple phone. She had her phone covered under the "insurance" from the carrier. They replaced it with one that was refurbished and later, when she had another issue with the batter, it was discovered that her "refurb" phone had a non OEM battery installed. Apple refused to even touch it or work on it, even for a fee.

I know she buys insurance direct from Apple for her devices now. I used to carry insurance on my phones, but dropped it a few years ago. I've NEVER lost a phone and never had one stolen. (I'm kind of a nazi about leaving my phone unattended or in precarious spots) so it wasn't worth the price. Figuring I keep the phones for 3+ years, 7 dollars a month ($252.00), keep my most recent phone as a functioning backup in case of emergency, and trade in a device to Samsung for a deal (usually $500 or so off) with the phone from 2 phones previous, it just isn't worth it to me.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post