SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daytona Bike Week - King of Baggers Race
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daytona Bike Week - King of Baggers Race Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Bike Week originally was around several racing events, still is, it's not only people riding from bar to bar where there are wet t-shirt contests, bike shows and bands playing rock n roll... Big Grin

This is a new and cool series between Harley and Indian, baggers with plenty of power doing a road race at Daytona Speedway. One of the founders attends an event I'm at annually, pretty interesting guy and backed by Drag Specialties.

These guys get after it on bigger heavier bikes than the normal metric racing bikes. Something a little different.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Riders under 280 lbs. need not apply.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Is this where you can rent the cute chick for a few days? She hangs by your side & acts like a ‘biker chick’?

Anyway, I heard it was a little bit of a thing there.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've never seen 'Baggers' with 190/50-17 Rear Tires, Braced Swingarms and an Ohlins USD Front Suspension... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I've never seen 'Baggers' with 190/50-17 Rear Tires, Braced Swingarms and an Ohlins USD Front Suspension... Razz

It's an interesting concept of racing, since baggers are popular with street riding, makes sense to get it into racing, promotes development for the manufacturers too.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think I would enjoy seeing one of these in person. Been in the pits for the normal race qualifying and not really a fan. The Boxer twins were cool.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
They’re #s 3, 4, and 5 on the list after the exhaust and stereo.

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I did demo rides in the morning. Indian had one of the King of Baggers bikes on display at their demo tent. Interesting setup.

I watched most of the 200 and the Baggers from near the West end horseshoe.

Good times.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I did demo rides in the morning. Indian had one of the King of Baggers bikes on display at their demo tent. Interesting setup.

I watched most of the 200 and the Baggers from near the West end horseshoe.

Good times.

Rode a bunch of HD bikes Thursday AM, if I'da know you were there, we could have met up...