SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And on the other side of the coin, crappy products
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And on the other side of the coin, crappy products Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Karma nailed my ass this morning, just a few hours after I bragged about stuff that work better than advertised. My Samsung Galaxy A52 5G phone, which is only a year and 9 days old, gave me the black screen of death, when I got to work. Nothing appeared. Tried to squeeze this, push that and reboot so many times. It finally somehow popped back up. But now, the screen has what looks like someone just took a big brush with white paint and dragged it right down the middle of the screen. And the bottom of the screen looks lie someone just splashed black ink on it, and it has been slowly expanding all day long. Probably the screen will be all black again by tomorrow. Is there any hope of fixing this POS, which I'm still paying for? Or, am I going to have to get another phone? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
iPhone user myself but I would try a complete power off shutdown for a few min then turn back on if you haven’t already tried that.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same phone that I have. A few weeks ago on a Friday night it went tits up. It said no SIM card blablabla...

Took it to Verizon the next day and they said it was dead. That a replacement would be sent to me and that I would receive it the next day (Sunday) by 3:00 PM. At 3:55 PM I received an email saying that I would not get the replacement until Wednesday.

I need a phone for work, besides clocking in, there are other things that I need it for, so I went to Walmart got the cheapest decent phone I could, when on line to Verizon and forwarded everything to the new temporary phone/number. $130.00 out the window.

Anyway the phone is only 9 months old, and has given me troubles for 7 of them. The guy at Verizon said that the (A) series was something of a problem child and the A51 5G in particular was a real problem.

I have been looking to up grade to the S22 Ultra. As I use my phone as a computer and take lots of pictures.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say your screen is toast.
You should be able to retrieve your info via hookup to a computer.

Of coarse, you probably have all that covered with a backup source.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Find on of the iFix your stuff stores, one with a good rep, they can probably swap out the screen if that's it, at least they can test and see what's wrong...

Posts: 23458 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
That is why I left android, my fairly new phones kept dying. I hate Apple but their phones last.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
The black stuff is all your pixels coming loose and falling to the bottom of the screen. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using Samsung since the Galaxy S2. I hold on to them a few years, so my most recent phone is an S9. They've been good phones for me, maybe the A series are a problem.

I'll probably upgrade to a 5G phone sometime next year.

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Update: Took the phone to CPR, fully expecting them to say, "You need a new phone", but surprise, "Just need a new screen". They didn't have it in stock and had to order one. It took a few days for it to get here, but I'm back in business. Cool

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post