SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    British and American YouTubers provide a bit of insight into Eastern Ukraine that I have found interesting, you may as well.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British and American YouTubers provide a bit of insight into Eastern Ukraine that I have found interesting, you may as well. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
I have found the videos put out by Bald and Bankrupt, a British YouTuber to be rather interesting.
Here is one from his travel in Donbass about a year ago.

I think some here may find these videos and on the ground perspective of the region rather interesting.

Johnny, an American YouTuber, put out a recent video from Kiev giving a good historical perspective of the war torn Eastern Ukraine and giving his perspective of why he has chooses not to leave.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I started watching the first video. Wow. Talk about perspective. Thank you for posting these videos.

That mosaic was interesting. I loved the locals arguing about where the culture center/ mosaic was located.

It makes me miss traveling and getting lost in a foreign country. It also makes me thankful to be an American.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Here is Johnny again from Kiev.
Not a reporter.
He travels around Ukraine and Russia showing areas you typically don’t see.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Finished watching both videos last night. Found the first video more interesting than the second, but both are very worthwhile. The contrast between the lively and beautiful city of Kiev, and some of the other decimated homes and buildings in the war torn regions is quite Stark, and illustrates a story of poverty and disparity.

It's a bit short-sighted on their part, but I can't really fault those Eastern Ukrainians that want to be absorbed by Russia, for larger pensions, given the poverty they live in.

As beautiful as Kiev is, seeing the old Communist subway, the crazy musical bus with carpet, the hotels with no elevators, the propaganda murals, and the babushka market selling Soviet artifacts, and that used rocket launcher really told more of a story and had a greater impact on me.

I hope Johnny stays safe. He seemed a bit naive, but a nice guy that really seems to like Ukraine. 24 hours after predicting that Kiev wouldn't be attacked, he might just be second guessing his decision to remain in there.

I'm with stickman428, I'd love to travel there, but seeing how life there is, I'm thankful to live in the U.S.

Thanks for sharing these videos.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I have watched many of Bald and Bankrupts videos.
They are very interesting showing areas no one would typically travel to.

Have not watched many of video blogger Johnny FD’s.
Most I have seen of Johnny is when he has been part of Bald and Bankrupts YouTubes.
Johnny has a video on his 14 sources of income as many have asked how he can afford to just travel around Ukraine and Russia YouTubing.

At 19:40 in the video posted above, Johnny says that Bald is still in Ukraine and “he’s a crazy guy”.
Would be interesting if Bald posts a video.
Then again at 31:40 he says Bald had a very crazy day yesterday.
Definitely will want to watch for Bald and Bankrupt posting a video.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Didn't Obama-Biden use Neo-Nazis in a coup to overthrow the elected government of UKR? If so, shouldn't AntiFa be over there fighting with the Russians, who actually defeated Nazism, in this war against former Nazi collaborators?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The boarder one day before the invasion.

Note the normal activity at the grocery store in the video below.
They are correct in noting that in a similar situation in the U.S. the stores wold be emptied.

Johnny FD’s Vlog of the journey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

Pres. Select, Joe Biden