SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Making baseboard from sheet MDF
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Making baseboard from sheet MDF Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Forget ripping 4x8 sheets of MDF. That crap is heavy. Hard to paint sawed edges. If you decide to use MDF stick to the primed stuff.

I’ve done it before back in my speaker building stage.... used to rip 1” sheets. BUT, then I had access to a cabinet saw that had a 10’ outfeee table, 6’ to the right of the blade, and 4 feet to the left. It was great.

Now, I have a Rigid on a portable stand. I think I can borrow a tracksaw if it comes to that. If the project happens I’ll go buy one if the precut quarter sheets first and do some testing.

What are you really saving????? To go through all of that work, just use the right product and do the project right.

More to it than saving... I enjoy the work and my daughter enjoys doing it with me.

Well, there's no reason why you can't do it with a good product that will last for decades. I've replaced MDF baseboard that has screwed up In several places. I've never had to replace pine.

$0.74 a linear foot for PINE finger jointed baseboard, at lowes. 3.25x12' sections.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EverT...-Moulding/1000442981

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post