SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Getting married early October, where to go for honeymoon
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting married early October, where to go for honeymoon Login/Join 
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Question came up: Are Sandals resorts worth a look?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
We went to a Sandals in St. Lucia and enjoyed the heck out of it, so I would say yes. It's the only all-inclusive I've been to so I don't have another reference point, but I can say it met all of my expectations and was a great experience.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
STaniel Cay Yacht club. You can use their airplane service Makers Air to go from Fort Lauderdale executive airport (a 25 minute cab ride from FLL) and lands on Staniel Cay. Can rent a beautiful villa with meals and small boat, paddle boards, kayaks etc. included, or just rent the villa alone. The area is absolutely beautiful. I am over there often and it is breath taking and many nature based activities like snorkeling thunderball grotto, feeding the swimming pigs, etc. etc. I've been to many many islands in the Bahamas and Carribbean and this area is absolutely breath taking.

https://www.stanielcay.com/
Makers air has good aerial footage on their website of the area:
https://makersair.com/

Here are drone footage of all of the trips I've done in that area on this youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/result...ery=the+real+bahamas

Right now you need a PCR covid test within 5 days before going and to fill out the Bahamas visa online once you have the results......then a 5 day rapid test (which Staniel Cay does) on day 5 of being there.....it's easy. But here are the Bahamas requirements:
https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
All their bungalows are occupied during the time frame we are looking at

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Little Dix Bay, Virgin Gorda, BVI

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Fiance said she doesn't care where we go just that she wants me to decide and take care of booking it.

Last year we had talked about going to Scotland but due to COVID restrictions that is out.

So we are looking to keep it in the states, preferably one without any or minimal restrictions. We talked about the Florida Keys or other Florida locations. We've stayed in Key Largo, Islamorada and Key West before. We're thinking maybe somewhere a little quieter than Key West but close enough to restaurants, nightlife, etc. if such a place exists?

I even started looking at all inclusive resorts in the Bahamas but I haven't found much info with regards to COVID restrictions.

Any insight into Florida, the Keys or other similar areas that we can have a good time would be appreciated.

Kauai. Best Hawaiian island.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Question came up: Are Sandals resorts worth a look?

My best friend and his wife (and Godparents to my sons) says Sandals is THE BEST place to vacation, and they have been to a lot of places. Been there repeatedly and plan to go back.

My niece and husband both went there in December, and my nephew in law, who is pretty persnickity, said he loved it and would go back.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Jade Mountain on St. Lucia.

It's a wee bit on the spendy side but worth every penny from what I understand.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kauai. Best Hawaiian island.

I thought "Maui no ka oi"? Wink Actually, I think all the Hawaiian islands are the best, each for different reasons. Kauai is a great choice for the sheer natural beauty (Jurassic Park was filmed there). I would also consider Lanai for a honeymoon. Very low key, perfect for an intimate getaway. Not a lot of lush scenery, but you can toggle between a world-class mountain resort (they have a sporting clays course) and a stylish beach resort. Bill Gates had his wedding and honeymoon there, renting out the entire island and locking out the media.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16352 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Covid concerns will be waining by then, with or without, FL is the obvious choice.

Besides the common suggestions, check out the Apalachicola area, the ‘forgotten coast’. It will still be be fine with the weather, could set a yearly trend.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
+1 for Little Dix Bay, our honeymoon was there and we lived on Sanibel.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
You mentioned the Bahamas.... look at the Dominican Republic. I booked a trip to a nice all inclusive, for mid October, for 2, last month. Specifically, we are going to the no-kids property called Level in Punta Cana. The price tag for 2 people for 8 nights WITH first class airfare from CA was less than $3200.

I have a friend who went and said it was a great vacation and better than similar types of vacations he’s done at Sandals on Jamaica.

Doesn’t seem to be much in the way of covid restrictions down there.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Congrats! I took my wife to Oktoberfest in Germany, it would be the right time but I have no idea what restrictions look like now.
That was my first thought but we would be traveling there on the last day Frown

Then I came up with Scotland for the distillery tours Big Grin

That's a bummer but I like the way you think!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Both Sandals and Secrets resorts would be strong contenders for an all-inclusive, tropical getaway.

I've stayed at a number of locations from each and have nothing but good things to say, without exception.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

If your budget can handle it, I have never been any place like Kamalame Cay, just off the east coast of Andros (the biggest island in The Bahamas).

It is out of my budget range, but one of the companies that I flew for, had me take one of their clients there and they paid for me to stay.

Absolutely fantastic! If you're interested, I can give you details.
That looks awesome. They seem to be sold out for all of October and a week into Nov. That and the prices may be a bit more than we want to spend once you add in airfare and food, etc.
As I mentioned, my stay there was on somebody else's nickel, I never saw the bill, but I am under the impression that the cottage that I was in was around $800 / night and that included all meals, booze, golf cart assigned to the cottage, etc. Food was outstanding, liquor was high quality, serve yourself (except at dinner, when it was handled by waiters), staff were really great people. Guy in the next door cottage was also a company pilot (different company), so we sat on the porch, sipped good booze, and told lies.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I would stay away from Mexico. There is a lot of bad stuff going on there. I know people like it but when the SHTF 'no fun anymore.' Cartels, COVID, all make for bad time.

Maui my vote

Congratulations!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I never married, but generic advice is to go someplace you both would enjoy, and that will have some solitude.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Places Ive wanted to go:

St Maarten

Bermuda

Aruba

Curacao

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
We just got back from Sandals Grande St. Lucia. Very happy with the resort. Very clean, felt very comfortable there with COVID. We were also on St. Thomas in January and that was incredible. Look into that

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Little Dix Bay, Virgin Gorda, BVI

That's a good one. The BVI is starting to open up a bit.

My BVI preference would be the island of Anegada. No place like it. White sand beaches with the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean on the other. Anagada Reef Hotel can put you up nicely. You fly into Tortola and ferry over to Anegada. When we sail down there we always stay two nights in that harbor.

Anegada Reef Hotel

Anegada Island is a very special place. And, not a lot of people to spoil the views.

Anegada Island

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sailor1911,

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out any of the islands on Florida's West Coast, from Cedar Key to Marco Island. Or, stay at one for a couple of days and drive to another.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post