SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    As a 14 year old a Bruins player bullied a developmentally delayed fellow student , UPDATE page 3 NHL Comish “he may never play”
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As a 14 year old a Bruins player bullied a developmentally delayed fellow student , UPDATE page 3 NHL Comish “he may never play” Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
https://whdh.com/sports/bruins...tudent-in-8th-grade/

Yes what he did was wrong, he was 14, I'm wondering if the disabled kid wasn't black.would this be an issue?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Eventually, everyone gets the Purity Test, and everyone fails the Purity Test.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Well, nobody is perfect but what he did was pretty fucked up. He made the kid eat candy that he wiped in a urinal?

I’m not going to feel bad for the guy.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, his Social Score should be docked heavily.

The State must make its subject understand that they must be in alignment at all times- past, present and future- with the States ever-changing list of rules.

posted Hide Post
Responding to Pale Horse

Man you really have no idea what kids of 14 do to other kids. Chat with a high school principal. Not defending his actions which were inappropriate.
The football team routinely does much worse at hazing sessions. I am curious as to how this action has come to light. NY Rangers fan?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
If my memory is correct,when I was in High School many,many,many,many years ago we had something similar happen to a special need's student.
Lets just say that the school did not have to do anything to the kid who did it, the foot ball team took care of it.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have zero tolerance for bullies.

NONE.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34118 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bailiff! Whack his pee pee!

If anything it's good that it came out, someone strong arms a disabled, shy, fat, skin color, poor, rich, whomever deserves to be outed.

Someone should make him eat candy from a service station toilet, and I mean one of the old real service stations.... In downtown Detroit...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
“When I was in eighth grade, I made an extremely poor decision and acted very immaturely,” said Miller in a statement shared by the Bruins on Friday.

I don't have much tolerance for bullying either and zero for that involving disabled, but exactly how mature is an 8th grader supposed to be?

By this rule over half the people I went to HS with should be booted out of their jobs and never be employable again. How far back to we go? Who wants to stand up and let the world judge them based solely on their worst mistake as a kid as opposed to their greatest success as a mature adult?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What’s the nature of his character today? How would he be judged at the pearly gates today?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Just arrest him now. And release with no bail in 5 minutes

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The woke in Boston pretty much would like him to be executed. This behavior in the minds of our hipster, woke mindset is an offense so egregious he should be shunned for life. The sports radio here and local papers comments are insane with the lengths woke will go on this. Bullying is wrong, but he was 14 who didn’t make bad decisions at 14 ? The big factor being brought up by most calling for his eternal damnation is race. The challenges kid was black, he’s a white hockey player. The race pimps and race baiters see this as way into the NHL, a cash cow that has yet to be tapped. Hockey isn’t as diverse as the rest of sports, and this will be the start of its downslope to becoming the NBA or NFL.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Eventually, everyone gets the Purity Test, and everyone fails the Purity Test.

Well said.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
No remorse,

Now the shoe is on the other foot, just getting what he deserves IMO.

As they say... Karma.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, "karma". By all means, let's each of us have our adolescent histories laid out for all the world to see. We'll find out which of us should be subjected to "karma". Of course, that number is very small, to be sure. Yes, most of you are quite pure, nothing in your past that would be shameful to be revealed. Let's reach back into your past, to your former self, now gone with the years.

The purest of you will get to cast the first stone!

In the meantime, give yourselves a pat on the back for behaving just as these perpetually outraged leftists do. They, too, are entirely pure. They, too, have never made any mistakes, never done anything they later regret.

On top of all that, the guy is white, which, come to think of it, is probably why he was targeted in the first place. Aiding and abetting the enemy- what a bonus for you!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, what he did back then was not right.

But everyone makes mistakes, especially as a child. Teenagers are inherently impulsive, emotional, illogical, hedonistic creatures, and are under immense internal and external pressure to fit in, even when it's with the "wrong crowd". The brain isn't fully developed until the late teens or early 20s, and the very last part of the brain to finish developing is the prefrontal cortex, which is the section that governs the capability to pause and consider the consequences of your potential actions, and the effects that your actions have on those around you. This is why teenagers act without thinking... They physically lack the full mental capability to do otherwise. But the good news is that the vast majority of people grow, and change, and mature significantly as they grow out of their juvenile years.

This is why juvenile courts are about rehabilitation, not punishment. And why juvenile court records like his are typically sealed and not made available, except in certain serious cases. The idea is that a stupid kid can make a stupid mistake, learn and grow from it, and go on to be a normal, productive adult without having their juvenile transgression follow them around for the rest of their life.

You're not the same person that you were at 14. And I guarantee that you did at least one thing as a teenager that you shouldn't have.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You're not the same person that you were at 14.
The pure among us are. Divine and unchanging, wise and omniscient.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You're not the same person that you were at 14.
The pure among us are. Divine and unchanging, wise and omniscient.

I’ve changed. Somehow I’m dumber than I was then.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's my deal, if he apologized for it, then it should be forgiven. We do stupid things in our youth to impress our peers.

Acceptance is up to his victim, not us.

Some of my tormentors from school have been forgiven. All it took was an I'm sorry and handshake all these years later. I'm the better person for accepting it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34118 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post