SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Last post about my new record album
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last post about my new record album Login/Join 
Picture of robbiedog
posted
This is my second post since the album, Shadow of a Fading Dream, was released. I won't do another, I promise!

This is my 3rd album. I'm not trying to get rich or famous, quite the contrary. Though I have CD's and USB's I haven't sold but one, and that was on CDBaby last year. I think it was the owner of the record company that one of my studio musicians is signed with. I give them away to family and friends.

This album was recorded in Durango, Colorado at Scooter's Place, the only real recording studio in town. The musicians are top notch. I wrote all the songs with a little help from my wife on some lyrics. Give it a listen if you like. "More Than Lost" is getting some radio play here in Durango - it's a duet with me and Kate Willyard, who is a local singer.

Here are links to the albums and to More Than Lost.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...60Vc5CzkgKFmAx70p4cg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtfdUXrI_18
(That one is More Than Lost, it's a C&W tune)

https://music.apple.com/us/art...ob-wigley/1563539228

https://open.spotify.com/artis...d9zQXrBnhXpok8DFPR0Q

https://www.robwigleymusic.com/
(That's my website, some of the tunes are on the Listen tab on the top right.

And not that it matters, or makes me "better", I'm LBJ's "little" brother. Actually, if you heard him play 50 some odd years ago you probably wouldn't listen to me!

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
How exciting! I'm not a C&W fan but you're pretty good!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39754 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I listened to the whole album and really liked it. Also a very good web site. Congrats.

Posts: 7556 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love your album and your website. It takes a lot to create the music, orchestrate and produce it and then somehow get it out for folks to enjoy.
I compose instrumental songs and really enjoy the process. I have no clue how to create a YouTube channel or something like you’ve done . I have great respect for your persistence and know-how.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Rob, feel free to promote your music as much as you wish.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
congrats, You are an accomplished artist sir. Wish you well in your endeavors.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounded pretty good to me. I enjoyed it. Thanks for the links. Wish I had any musical talent. Lol

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bentonville:
I compose instrumental songs and really enjoy the process. I have no clue how to create a YouTube channel or something like you’ve done . I have great respect for your persistence and know-how.

I'm not tech genius, but I can get around somehow. I found the easiest way to release music (for me) is to use Discmakers. They have pretty easy templates that some might use, I didn't. They also contract with CDBaby to release the tunes digitally across all platforms. Once they do that they send links to set up your pages, Apple, Spotify and Youtube. Really simple. It sounds like you'd go for the electronic method, which would be CDBaby and do singles instead of an album. I encourage you to do this! Why the hell not? Sure, there are over 85,000 songs released DAILY on Spotify, but you'll be out there and family and friends can hear you. Art for arts sake.

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the info I needed, seeing that I am(was) totally ignorant of these platforms you referred me to explore. Thank you.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your music, especially your latest.
You and your band have have a lot of talent. The recording studio also did a fine job.

Looking forward to more of your music.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This is very cool! Thank you for sharing your art.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post