SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most inappropriate song you've ever heard at a wedding?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most inappropriate song you've ever heard at a wedding? Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
"Who Let the Dogs Out". Fortunately, only at the reception.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my cousin s first wedding dance was to "your cheating heart"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55169 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My Choir Director (also a minister) once presided at a wedding in which the bride sang a solo. She turned to the groom and sang "I'd Rather Have Jesus" (truth).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Blurred Lines, by Robin Thicke.

Just because a song is the #1 chart-topper at the time does not mean it is appropriate to play at a wedding, much less as the first song at the reception.

If you'll recall, this was the song that was criticized for being "rapey:"

Had a bitch, but she ain't bad as you
So, hit me up when you passin' through
I'll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two
Swag on 'em even when you dress casual
I mean, it's almost unbearable
Honey you not there when I'm
At the bar side let you have me by
Nothin' like your last guy, he too square for you
He don't smack that ass and pull your hair for you

And eight months later, the marriage ended with the groom strangling the bride, luckily, in divorce not death.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
At the reception

Confederate Railroad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf459-JiIcI

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the hands down winner: Pussy Whipped. The Velcro Pygmies version.
I enjoyed the looks on the Grooms parents faces when it played!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16375 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/ZOte5b-Uk8M

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
This was recorded six miles from my town...Crazy bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkHMSKgIWs

Posts: 332 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:

Incredible lack of class. Wow. Low lifes.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Two Live Crew- We Want Some Pussy.

At my reception in 80s. Thank God my parents and most of the people from "my side" couldn't understand the words.

Posts: 210 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
you guys crack me upSmile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19702 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I swear someone played GnR's I Used to Love Her at a reception.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Remember this classic? Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, my wife and I entered our reception together to AC/DC's "Highway to Hell."

We picked it at the last minute because we just couldn't decide on an entrance song to tell the DJ. I finally said screw it and play that. Seemed appropriate at the time. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
My wife PROHIBITED me from having the DJ play at our wedding reception in the mid 1990's, Sir Mix-a-lot's " I Like Big Butts"...

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife and I met with the DJ and gave him a list of banned songs and he was informed that under no circumstances were they to be played. He complied.

Crap like The Chicken Dance, The Macarena, etc.

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

I love the description - "My mom dancing down the aisle doin what she wants having fun and being her."

My mom?

Nothing quite like white trash. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

I love the description - "My mom dancing down the aisle doin what she wants having fun and being her."

My mom?

Nothing quite like white trash. Roll Eyes

The video was posted in 2013. Its probably a safe bet that the video has already outlasted the marriage.

Posts: 8873 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strangers In The Night, Why Don't we Do It In The Road, Baby Let Me Follow You Down, Idiot Wind, just Like Woman & Flying Purple People Eater.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
The Theme to Deep Throat.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post