Notify
Tools

Purdue vs LSU Login/Join 
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does Purdue still have the Golden Girls??

There was a dance group, dressed all in gold, with gold pom poms that was on the field in front of the band during the game. At first I though they were cheerleaders, but then I realized the cheerleaders were in black and there were much fewer of them. So I am guessing those were the golden girls? But I was not close enough to that corner to see them well.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep that is it. University of Southern Mississippi has the dance team called the Dixie Darlings. It is really a big deal in the South.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^ Golden Girls belong to the LSU Tigers............... Geaux Tigers..... drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correction GOLDUSTERS.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^ Golden Girls belong to the LSU Tigers............... Geaux Tigers..... drill sgt.
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There was a dance group, dressed all in gold, with gold pom poms that was on the field in front of the band during the game. At first I though they were cheerleaders, but then I realized the cheerleaders were in black and there were much fewer of them. So I am guessing those were the golden girls? But I was not close enough to that corner to see them well.
quote:
Correction GOLDUSTERS.
Purdue's marching band has both the silver twins and the golden girl. Back when I was a student, I became friends with one of the silver twins who later became the golden girl. She was supermodel gorgeous.

The band also has the Golduster Dance Team. It was started about 25 years after the silver twins and golden girl.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks I remember the Golden Girl. Saw Purdue play a number of times.

Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Purdue's marching band has both the silver twins and the golden girl. Back when I was a student, I became friends with one of the silver twins who later became the golden girl. She was supermodel gorgeous.

The band also has the Golduster Dance Team. It was started about 25 years after the silver twins and golden girl.[/QUOTE]

The Goldusters are the group I was thinking of. There were about 25 of them. During the game they were on the field in front of the band in the stands.

I did see the golden girl and other twirlers during the halftime performance. Freaking amazing skills! Some of them were juggling three batons, while throwing them so high I could not even estimate the height.

Like I said, even though the game sucked, at least the halftime performances were very good.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter danced in the pregame show but of course that stuff isn't shown .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
My granddaughter danced in the pregame show but of course that stuff isn't shown .

We walked in about a minute after the game started. Did they even show half-time on TV? I assumed it would be the talking heads speaking about the game up to that point.