SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Columbia House is closing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Columbia House is closing Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Got my 8 tracks back in the day, ABBA, John Denver and Hank Jr


 
Posts: 7021 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Army in the early 80's .I sent in they're little stickers or however you chose your first cassets or 8- tracks . they sent me a letter. dont remember exact words .but because my address was my Army barracks ,they said it was not a permanent or requignised address ,or some such reason .so they returned my money order to me and not let me buy any tapes .oh well i just went to the music store off base
 
Posts: 46 | Registered: May 31, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
And I was just about to order an 8-track of The Partridge Family

For the Win !




Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
 
Posts: 10113 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I snuck and sent cash, no records but lesson learned early and cheaply.



You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

 
Posts: 13696 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I loved that company. I was stationed in Germany when I ran across the ad. The records were shipped from NY. Well, for soldiers in Germany the APO is NY, meaning I only had to pay postage from the point of origin to the APO, which turned out to be stupid cheap. The first purchase was for a dime per album, and a special deal for added albums also stupid cheap. I spent something like 85 bucks and the wife and I got two huge boxes of records. Being a typical GI, I also had the huge sound system with a cassette and reel to reel, so I played them all ONCE, recorded them to tape, and put them back in the jackets. I may have to take them down and sell them.
 
Posts: 17742 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Columbia House is closing

© SIGforum 2026