SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have no friends left on Facebook
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have no friends left on Facebook Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted
With the exception of a recently divorced couple that are constantly posting about how great their dating life is, I have no friends that post on Facebook. My feed is all Guns, Formula 1, Guitars, and local cars and coffee groups.

Of course, who am I to judge, the last post I started on Facebook was November of 2017. Social media is just not that important to me. I guess I am getting old.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Should have been, "I left F***book". Smile

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. A step in the right direction.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Just what is this "Facebook" of which you speak. Is that some sort of Intarweb thing?

The only reason the Intarweb exists is to bring us SIGforum. It has no other function.

You need to spend a little time around here. Try the kool-aid, its mandatory. Before you know it you'll be browsing SIGforum with the waiver and manual in your lap, sitting in your official unitard (Buttless chaps version), sucking down bourbon, and posting pics of your cats, what you made for dinner, what watch you're wearing, and what's in your glass tonight.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I left facebook years ago ... the only social media I have of any sorts is lurking on Nextdoor and posting here on Sig Forum. Only use Nextdoor for the "free finds" such as what I got with the Heathkit HW-101. Nothing else.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Just what is this "Facebook" of which you speak.

That never gets old.

quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I left facebook years ago ...

Was a year ago, for me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I get on and look at marketplace. I like flipping stuff. Friends with my wife but I don’t post anything

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5687 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Should have been, "I left F***book". Smile
That or "Fakebook". As Krazeehorse mentioned, Marketplace is actually helpful. That's where I got a helluva deal on a tennis ball machine.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have nothing more then a “stalker account” that I can use if I need to log in to see a company site or if a friend(real person type friend) tells me to check out something on their site.

Never had any real social media account that was used barring forums.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Just what is this "Facebook" of which you speak.

That never gets old.

quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I left facebook years ago ...

Was a year ago, for me.

About a minute or two after leaving facebook I missed it ... but after five minutes I realized it was the best thing I ever did.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad, being an old, cantankerous fart I never Facebooked to begin with.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
What is a Facebook?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Join OnlyFans. Much better.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
What Cars and Coffee do you go to?
We’ve recently moved to NC and I’m in the process of buying another sports car (don’t want to jinx it yet) so I’m looking for a C&C..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6323 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
ZS. Shoot me an email please

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5687 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I still have a bunch of good friends from all over that FB allows me to keep track of and keeping up with the kids and grandkids is also nice.

I have several friends that pride themselves in staying in FB jail.

Only time it sucks when one of them is in jail is when the Talladega Short Track has races and a couple of them cannot post live race videos.

Posts: 18035 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I only friend people I actually know. Ones I've met in the past and family. I've got only about 100 friends and refuse requests for random people, or friends of friends. People with 200-300 friends are asking for trouble as I doubt they know much about most of these folks. Seems some people think having a large number of friends makes them look popular. Roll Eyes

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I never had it to begin with. I simply didn't care, having no use for it. Of late, I have gone from not caring to active dislike.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Actually I have over 500 friends, some are relatives, some from elementary and high school days, some present and past co-workers,some of my past and present customers from auto and motorcycle dealers, a few from the Sigforum, a bunch from collector car groups, pretty much I have a true connection with.And my Cardiologist is one also, he and I have fun discussing some of the topics that we get in on.

I ignore random requests, friends of friends and ones from history group members and the similar ilk. The ones that are comedic are the "out of the blue" swimsuit clad women (?) probably half or less of my age. Sure, I'm gonna believe that I'm such a hot commodity that these women just to have me as a friend. I may have been born in the morning but not yesterday morning.

I don't post anything regarding firearms, the less known the better. As a good thing I have found a couple of relatives that we drifted apart from over the years and found the branch of the family on my father's side that I "knew" was in a adjoining state but again family contact was lost probably in the 40's according to my cousin.

FB is like any tool, it can be used or abused.

It is kind of amazing that most all of my friends that I interact with on a regular basis are mostly Conservatives.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I never had it to begin with. I simply didn't care, having no use for it. Of late, I have gone from not caring to active dislike.

Same here.
I'm on this board and YouTube. YouTube is basically guns and cooking channels.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post