SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A little mayhem in San Fran Jewelry store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little mayhem in San Fran Jewelry store Login/Join 
posted
Who says you do not need more than 10 rounds in a magazine?

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
Saw some footage of the opposite instance [no shots fired] from another jewelry shop recently.

Getting charged with a drawn pistol seems to be a decent deterrent for the amateur smash & grab.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16012 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
If just one person started shooting those assholes, they'd be crawling over each other trying to get out the door. Target rich environment.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me guess. The rent is too high and they're just trying to feed their family.

Thanks Gavy Newsom and Mayor Breed.

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Though the amount in this case probably exceeds the cutoff by numerous times, Newsom is opposing the Prop 47 rollback that would recriminalize a lot of petty theft that’s led to greatly increased crime and property loses across California. Being successful in those little crimes leads some of the thugs pulling them to try for bigger scores like this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cal...rm-ballot-gop-leader

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little mayhem in San Fran Jewelry store

I'd be surprised if that jewelry store ever opens it's doors again...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Actually happened in Silicon Valley, specifically Sunnyvale.

Smash and grabs, and run & grab robberies have simply become a part of everyday life in California, has been happening for years since idiot voters passed Prop 47 in Nov. 2014 by a margin of 60% to 40%. This was the fire under our asses that forced me and my wife to look for another home state, getting our house ready to sell, and get the hell out.

As I posted, has been going on for years, this one seven years ago.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am sure they got three or 4 maybe out of the 30+ Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prop 47 in Nov. 2014

I have some doubts as to whether Prop 47 actually passed. Would 60% of the population really fall for this? Most people work hard for what they have, and are not pro-crime. More and more I am suspicious of the Venezuela voting machines and the Dem agenda.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There should have been a big pile up of dead bodies blocking the doorway.

"You think material possessions are worth more than a human life?"
Abso-fucking-lutely

Posts: 21375 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Prop 47 in Nov. 2014

I have some doubts as to whether Prop 47 actually passed. Would 60% of the population really fall for this? Most people work hard for what they have, and are not pro-crime. More and more I am suspicious of the Venezuela voting machines and the Dem agenda.

Seems all over the world people are suddenly "voting" for this sort of chaos and leftist tools that push it. I don't beleive a bit of that.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 398 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s an elephant in each of these rooms everyone is scared to address

Posts: 764 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
There’s an elephant in each of these rooms everyone is scared to address

That the thieves were of Polynesian descent?

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfra...h-grab-police-chase/

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's not about possessions. It's about natural rights. The rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They aren't just stealing things. They're stealing something more important. My sense of happiness and security. It's not just a single event but a lifetime of change.

Our house was into via the rear sliding glass door. Decades ago. To this day, I'm still paranoid about break-ins. I put a bar in the channel so the door can't slide. I double check for the bar every night before retiring. Before I leave the house. I've been doing this type of stuff for decades. Because of a single event.

To me, it ain't about just stuff.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Low level petty thieves are evolving. They're learning there is strength in numbers and in shock and awe. They clearly know a lot of them can get in and out faster, and even if police are close they can't catch all of them.

Why a jewelry store would leave anything out on display when closed is beyond me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38247 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’m having a difficult time trying to feel bad for California when they do everything they can to ensure that this type of behavior is rewarded

Posts: 53847 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why a jewelry store would leave anything out on display when closed is beyond me.

Especially with such an obviously easily breached storefront. The same goes for gun stores that don’t put their stock away in a bona fide safe at night. Yes, it’s a half hour of monotony every day but the alternative is what we see in the video.

Personally, I would get great satisfaction in a team of itchy trigger fingers lying in wait for one of these crews. If these cretin thought this might cost them their lives every time, they’d be far less likely to engage in theft.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Prop 47 in Nov. 2014

Seems all over the world people are suddenly "voting" for this sort of chaos and leftist tools that push it. I don't beleive a bit of that.

Actually, if you look at Europe, it is the opposite.

We'll know more after France holds its snap parliamentary elections next month. But I am slowly becoming optimistic about this November in a way I was not several months ago.

For the record, I was not optimistic at all about November 2016. Events proved me wrong.

I know people around here don't put a lot of reliability on polls around here. But they are the best thing we have to gauge overall mood. Trump was trailing Clinton in 2016 and then Biden in 2020 this far out from the election. He is now ahead. And he averages 3% higher in the battleground states. Biden's approval rating is consistently under 40%. That's the death zone for an incumbent President.

My own opinion having lived a little while is that these things go in cycles. In my lifetime I saw it come to a head first during the Carter administration and then during Clinton administration. People finally getting fed up with the bullshit they are getting fed by the political class.

Here's a pro tip. When you start seeing articles about how people are ignoring the possibility that the Dems could sweep everything in November (yes that was a real, recent article), you know you are at an inflection point.

Posts: 6712 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
It's not about possessions. It's about natural rights. The rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They aren't just stealing things. They're stealing something more important. My sense of happiness and security. It's not just a single event but a lifetime of change.

Our house was into via the rear sliding glass door. Decades ago. To this day, I'm still paranoid about break-ins. I put a bar in the channel so the door can't slide. I double check for the bar every night before retiring. Before I leave the house. I've been doing this type of stuff for decades. Because of a single event.

To me, it ain't about just stuff.

konata88, I agree. I do the same with the sliding door. It's not just about stuff. If it happened when I wasn't home I'd feel violated. If it happens when I'm home, it's the safety of my family and one of us won't survive.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I dunno, I bet 8 rounds from a 12Gauge or an M1 would turn the tide.

Posts: 16204 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post