SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A little mayhem in San Fran Jewelry store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little mayhem in San Fran Jewelry store Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

I dunno, I bet 8 rounds from a 12Gauge or an M1 would turn the tide.
"I’d fill up my shotgun with rock salt and nails"
-- Utah Phillips

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
A little mayhem in San Fran Jewelry store

I'd be surprised if that jewelry store ever opens it's doors again...

Especially for a business which has been in existence since 1832.

Posts: 7387 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump stocks ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
And THIS, boys & girls, is why we have 30-round magazines. One skilled shooter with an AR could have maimed each n every one!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I dunno, I bet 8 rounds from a 12Gauge or an M1 would turn the tide.

Two points to ponder. First is that the magazine capacity on a 12 gauge short enough to be suitable for Close Quarters is basically limited to 4 rounds. Yeah I know there are "tactical" shotguns with more capacity but those are game guns intended for shooting fixed targets. If you really think these are suitable for CQB then try shooting true pairs on station 6 on a skeet field.

As for the M1 Garand, too damned long for CQB. An M1 Carbine would be a bit better choice but ideal would be a 14.5 inch M4, a gun specifically designed for CQB.

Of course seeing that it's San Francisco there is one thing that is absolutely guaranteed and that is if the shop owner shot one person that shop owner would be facing every single Felony Charge that DA can find in the books.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5770 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Scooter123,

I bet 8 rounds from a 12 Gauge or an M1 would've turned the tide. Smile.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post