SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any WhatsApp experts/wizards in the house?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any WhatsApp experts/wizards in the house? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Will need support to backup audio contents And conversations so i can get rid of the Phone number/ account. It's my sister's Phone.
No passwords available but Phone And WA are working.

Thank You.

PS: my sis suffered massive brain damage And i need the conversations to make sure certain ppl don't take advantage of her And keep her funds And medical Bills flowing And covered. It's delicate most delicate matter.

0-0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0-0,

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify:

My sister had the most complete phone plan and the company will not let me change it for a cheaper plan to keep the number.
The phone has been unused now for a full year and with the monthly bill I can cover what i pay a lady to keep her company a few days a week.

We have a bunch of bills to cover and we´re trying to rationalize those bills.

An expensive and useless cell line is all we got to check who are my sister´s contacts when they come out of the blue and start asking questions.
Her FB and WA are working but we do not have the passwords. Downloading a copy of her WA to a PC and be able to play back her WA conversations and messages is a vital tool for us.

Thanks again.

0-0

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your sister.

I am unaware of any such tools.

Best of luck, regardless.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Hi 0-0, so sorry to hear about your sisters injury. You can back up the WhatsApp account through Google Drive if your sister has a Gmail account and you know her password. You can later restore those conversations to an account merged with her old number. As in if she got a new number and wanted to combine the accounts. Also, (I have an Android phone) WhatsApp saves a copy of pictures, video and possibly audio clips of voice messages sent via the application to the phone. Check in the File Manager app to see if any of this is there. If not, Google Drive will be your best bet. You could even merge your sisters account with your own if you have her information. Although, you may want to keep it separate from yours. You should be able to find more info about the backups right in the app settings. I hope this helps. I forgot to add, WhatsApp doesn't require a password. The account is verified via a text message sent to the phone at the time of account setup. If you have access to the phone already, you should be good to go. As far as Google Drive is concerned, even if your sister has an account and you don't have the password, you could use your own or setup a new one in her name with your own password and backup the account to that.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ he doesn't have the passwords.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Yep, I realized that after my initial post. I've edited it with some solutions to that problem. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work based on my experience, limited to my phone / account of course.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Haven´t had any luck figuring her Hotmail pass but methinks I have control of her Gmail one. Will check it and then try Bigbuck5 advise.

All this takes so much time, had no rest in over a year now.

0-0