Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FMB for SD Login/Join 
posted
As a European, I'm fully convinced that FMJ ammo combined with the Mozambique Drill will give you all the SD capability that you will need.

The Limey

Posts: 1 | Location: Westcliff on Sea, Essex | Registered: September 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
First post and he's already trying to create negative waves.....

lol Smile

Welcome aboard!

BTW self defense is self defense...do whatever it takes to put him down with whatever you have at hand

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Oh goody!
Been a while since we've seen this sort of thing happen here.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
trolling is more fun when they don't know you're trying to be a troll Roll Eyes

Posts: 3392 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taffbanjo:
As a European, I'm fully convinced that FMJ ammo combined with the Mozambique Drill will give you all the SD capability that you will need.
What caliber?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
"Two to the body, one to the head, is guaranteed to leave them dead."

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum!

You will learn lots here.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
What caliber?

He's European, so 7.65 mm, with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window, of course.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
What caliber?

The only one, .45. Wink

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
What the heck is FMB?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21927 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
Dang, all out of popcorn! I guess Pirate Booty will have to suffice.

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They use the metric system, so I'm betting he means the 10mm. Wink

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Pics of your ammo

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I suppose even a .22LR through an eye socket into the brain fired by a single-shot derringer will be 'enough' to end a threat.

However,

FMJ generally doesn't expand. Expanding ammo (and there is a dizzying variety of types) from a quality firearm firing a sufficiently large caliber* round is 'best,' IMO.

You need a good expanding round in case you DON'T make that one-shot-kill the first shot. This will cause maximum damage and a larger wound channel than FMJ, giving you a greater chance to end the threat before the threat ends you. Also, firearm capacity is important. I consider myself a good shot, but I wouldn't want to stake everything on one bullet. There are also scenarios whereby there are multiple attackers, so even though I've seen studies that state the 'average' gunfight is over in ~2.5 rounds, I want to carry more than that.

OP didn't give enough info to justify his/her point, IMO.

*This is, of course, subjective, but I would never consider carrying anything weaker than 9mm Parabellum or larger than .44Mag.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21927 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I would agree 2 well placed rounds and one within the triangle will put most if not all down but.....I like my SD rounds to stop inside the animal I am shooting not in little Suzy behind him.

No a good HP will not guarantee that but it's better than FMJ.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Pics of your ammo

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Welcome to SIGforum!

You will learn lots here.

For some reason, I'm not sure he will. Roll Eyes

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Sure provided you can get them to hold still out in the open long enough to shoot them 3 times in specific parts of their bodies.

But if you are only going to get one hit on any other part of the body I would rather use ammo that is going to hang out and do some damage instead of just passing on through.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3903 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you're just gonna use FMJ, why shoot twice in the chest. Just shoot them 3 times in the head and be done with it.

Posts: 148 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post